Trust Administrative Assistant
Responsible for day to day account maintenance and input off client transactional data. Perform back up activities to the Trust Administrative Officer.
Account Preparation and Maintenance
- Process the opening and closing of accounts using SEI system. Review and verify documentation upon receipt and ongoing for content and discrepancies.
- For agencies, obtain missing information and correct errors on paperwork from sales team (e.g., agreements, fee schedules, transfer proxies, receipt of assets, reporting correct cost basis and tax acquisition dates, missing form and signatures, etc.). Make corrections and additions to ensure accuracy.
- Secure authorization and approval of documents in accordance to bank policies and procedures.
- Post receipts and disbursements (ACH, wires, checks, etc.). Set up statement ticklers and populates account fields with data and information from agreements/forms. Set up name and address records.
- Request transfer of assets from other institutions. Monitor and makes adjustments to reconcile assets.
- Review daily reports for accuracy of transactions
- Complete new account set up worksheet in required time frame.
- Complete closing account forms and forward to appropriate colleagues
- Prepare paperwork for distribution of assets and ensure that account closes properly and in a timely manner.
- Review overdrafts and un-invested cash reports.
- Identify and track missing documents. Obtain missing internal documents and information. Maintain Missing Document log. Notify TAO regarding missing documents required from client (s)
- For Agency accounts, communicate with portfolio manager or outside investment manager advising them of the need to raise cash or invest cash when additional funds are received or transferred from one portfolio to the other.
- For Agency accounts, initiate annual administrative review of accounts. Check files for correct forms. Review governing documents to insure account coding is correct.
- Update account characteristics on SEI as directed (i.e. investment objectives, sweep vehicle, etc.). Maintain CIS records linked to accounts an on-going basis.
- Set-up and review memo ticklers sent from SEI and process accordingly.
- Review and respond to reports sent from Investment Operations group (I.e., anticipated fees, fees not taken, zero balance accounts, etc.)
- Correctly code non-managed assets per policy.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to corporate actions.
Special Projects and Administrative Support
- Research compliance department, audit, and OCC inquiries and requests for documentation.
- Assemble, compile, and prepare reports, as needed, for client accounts and department information for reporting purposes.
- Order supplies, report production, notary services, and reception coverage.
- Answer phones, maintain calendar, schedule appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Prepare thank you cards, vendor billing, FastTax, etc.
- File, open and review mail, and ship items for archive.
- Compile and format books for client presentations.
- Completes all special projects as requested.
- Serves as back up to Trust Administrative Officer if necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative support experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of basic computer experience required (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Personal Trust preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to gather, arranges, compile, interpret, analyze, summarize and evaluate information and data to identify sales opportunities and formulate conclusions and recommended actions.
- Ability to set priorities, and objectives.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel.
- Effective time management skills.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top