Technology Asset Manager
Founded by entrepreneurs, City National Bank supports entrepreneurial companies nationwide, offering diverse financial services for groundbreaking technology companies and venture capital. The new Service Management Office is transforming CNB Business and Technology Services by focusing on effective service delivery. Recently we have been experiencing remarkable growth, and the demand for IT services has been growing at a rapid pace. To fuel this growth, we are seeking an Tech Asset Manager, to join our Service Management organization and make our team phenomenal. You must be overflowing with awesome ideas, have an exceptional drive to get things done, and put a high priority on growing and developing your team.
The new Asset and Configuration Manager is will focus on identifying and driving methodologies and processes that support world class standards for delivering Infrastructure Services, and identify and manage key targeted areas for improvement.
- Oversee and refine processes to capture colleague IT Asset requests and manage associated assets through their respective lifecycles
- Ensure coordination of data to assist in the financial management of deployed assets throughout their life-cycle
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the IT Product Catalog
- Establish (or refresh) policies and procedures for tracking the sign-in and sign-out of IT assets
- Explore opportunities for maximizing or exploiting unused or partially used IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources
- Coordinate the transfer of assets between business units
- Serve as the IT liaison to the asset management & vendor management efforts
- Ensure IT compliance with guidelines, obligations, and service level agreements
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information
- Defines the structure of the configuration management system, including CI types, naming conventions, attributes and relationships.
- Create, implement, and communicate configuration management plans, processes, and standards.
- Facilitate the negotiation of the scope of the configuration management process in collaboration with CMDB governing structures, process owners, and IT business stakeholders.
- Works with other process owners to ensure an integrated approach to the design, implementation, and coordination of interfaces between configuration management and other service management processes. (Change, Release, Incident, and Knowledge).
- Identify which CIs need to be managed and controlled from the basis of Asset, Configuration Management, and Inventory.
- Define the CI types and level of detail at which CIs are to be identified.
- Evaluates systems that discover and interface with configuration management database.
- Plan and execute population of the configuration management database (manual and automated); manage CMDB, central libraries, tools, common codes and data; ensure regular housekeeping of the CMDB.
- Ensure changes to the configuration management processes are properly approved and communicated.
- Work collaboratively across Business and Technology Services organization to evolve CMDB assets .
- Produce and distribute management reports for configuration management.
- Define certification and audit processes and engages the CI class owners on regular certification efforts.
- On-board new CI Owners and manage training materials and quick guides.
- Reviews the Configuration Management process on a regular basis for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gather CMDB CI Lifecycle governance process requirements.
- Develop the CMDB CI Lifecycle governance processes that meets the global and regional requirements.
- Working closely with asset owners and technical custodians develop an overall process strategy/topology in support of the CMDB CIs, both at an enterprise level and at a regional level.
- Continue to communicate and uphold the new, standard global processes for CMDB data creation, change and sunset.
- Work with software vendors to review End User License Agreements (EULA) and ensure compliance
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and lease contracts and vendor contracts
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into CMDB and ensure information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
- Perform periodic inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Generate, distribute, & review IT asset management reports
- Resolve accuracy issues of the inventory database
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform
- Experienced in design, implementation and documentation of the CMDB
- Extensive experience in the design, implementation and documentation of Workflows
- Ability to write clear and concise communications.
- Ability to provide hands on training to users with different levels of experience.
- Ability to translate business needs into requirements
- Knowledge and experience with financial models and budgeting
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Customer focus, leadership and collaboration
- Strategic thinking, information seeking
- Initiative, innovation, thoroughness and collaboration
- Influencing others, results orientation
- Stakeholder partnership, change advocate
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years of IT / business experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of asset management experience
- ITIL Practitioner or ITIL Service Manager level qualification a plus
- COBIT Framework practitioner or certification a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- In-depth Excel knowledge and experience with data analytics
- Ability to create and present PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in Service Architect / Service Strategist disciplines in an IS function.
- ITIL v3 certification highly desirable.
Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top