Systems Analyst Lead/Manager
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Business Systems Analysts, the Team Leader supervises Business Systems Analyst activities including managing, training, work allocation, scheduling and planning. Interprets and assesses business needs and recommends solutions with cost and timing estimates in support of various business cases. Establishes best practices, and applies detailed knowledge of business system analysis concepts, practices and procedures to determine most effective business system applications to meet overall business needs.
- Leads, plans, and coordinates business analysts' activities in such areas as treasury services, finance, marketing, credit and sets priorities to identify, develop and document business needs.
- Mentors, coaches, develops and directs team of business analyst on methodologies, systems and business process.
- Participates in the hiring, firing and ongoing performance review process and provides feedback to team members for developmental and continuous improvements.
- Oversees the utilization of available resources and application of technical research techniques to collect and analyze information, systems and processes to determine the most useful cost-effective business solution to the bank.
- Applies detailed knowledge and provides guidance to deliver requirements and functional design for internally developed products and third party applications requiring customization.
- Collaborates with business and technical teams to deliver high quality functional IT specifications, gathering and creating specifications from the business teams.
- Supervises team responsible for consulting with bank colleagues regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality. May work with colleagues to develop cost benefits and business case analyses.
- Contributes to business cases to support proposals for modification or introduction of new business applications or systems, by recommending solutions with cost and timing estimates for functional area of expertise.
- Identifies conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggests alternative solutions.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Minimum 5 years experience working with Information technologies
- Minimum 7 years experience working in a business/systems analysis function.
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft Office software experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience highly preferred
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all management levels.
- Ability to work at highest level of business system analysis and provide solutions to most business problems diverse in scope, to serve as resource to others in the resolution of more complex issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to define complex systems to be understood by both business and technical teams.
- Strong data evaluation and data mapping skills as well as interface mapping to databases and multiple internal and external applications.
- Ability to gather and document user requirements and translate the collected information to functional requirements including scoping documents, mockup, functional requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience working as a systems analyst for banking related efforts highly preferred.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Familiar with Business Requirements tools.
- Excellent in project management methodologies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a structured team environment on task and timeline driven work.
- Thorough understanding of "business needs analysis" process and how system requirements relate to daily business operations.
- Ability to collect requirements using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, Jad sessions, etc).
- Ability to document existing and recommended flows using Visio (or like product) and ability to create use cases.
- Ability to interact with functional and technical counterparts to ensure that the application will meet requirement specifications.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top