Systems Administrator IV
The Systems Administrator will play key role in enhancing or upgrading existing applications as well as implementing and supporting new technology. This individual is responsible for the day to day administration, configuration, and performance monitoring of our vendor purchased and in-house developed software systems including desktop, client-server and web based applications.
The Systems Administrator keeps abreast of new technologies and works with other teams to implement new hardware and software into our environment. You will also lead projects from planning through implementation, and manage vendor relationships.
This position level works independently on efforts for which no existing expertise or guidance may be available. Will be expected to both generate and maintain subject matter expertise on multiple bank systems. Analyzes business needs and devises solutions using a broad set of deep systems and application knowledge. Will be expected to advise both hardware and software teams, as well as vendor contacts, with regard to appropriate system requirements for high performance and ease of supportability of applications. Uses Project Management methodologies to lead efforts to implement and maintain systems to these standards, and will be responsible for guiding the activities of other colleagues from other teams within the department, within vendor organizations, and among the business user base. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. This position operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Bachelors' degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in system design, administration, application software and operations.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Minimum of 3 years coordinating team efforts in a project or operations environment.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience writing scripts in any language (ex: PowerShell, Unix Shell Scripting, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Familiarity with major Database Platforms (MS SQL Server and Oracle), including ability to write transact SQL queries to retrieve data.
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server and Red Hat Linux.
- Understanding how to configure and administer application monitoring tools to assist with troubleshooting (e.g. Splunk or Dynatrace) preferred.
- Experience with any API Management platform tools (Akana or MuleSoft ) preferred.
- Knowledge of Azure cloud based infrastructure.
- Experience with the concepts of CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery).
- Experience with GIT commands.
- Understand integration patterns and concepts.
- Experience with programming language .Net and Java.
- Experience with build and deployment tools Maven and VSTS.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top