Supervisor II Operations
- Los Angeles, CA
SUPERVISOR II OPERATIONS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for supervising, developing, managing and motivating colleagues involved in back office Compliance and Legal Order Processing under the guidance of an Operations Manager or Group Manager. Responsible for ensuring adherence to regulatory guidelines and Bank policies and procedures. Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers while providing exemplary customer service. This is generally a senior level supervisor position responsible for overseeing a larger, more complex, and/or more risk intensive business unit within the bank operations group. This position requires greater independence, extensive knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and more complex decision-making. The second level Operations Supervisor will generally either report to an Operations Manager, or will run a unit on its own that is not quite large enough, complex enough, or lower in risk to require an Operations Manager. The Operations Supervisor II may supervise an Operations Officer and/or other exempt colleagues.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Supervises the daily activities of assigned functional area; prioritizing; completing multiple activities; resolves problems as they arise.
- Supervises, trains, coaches and motivates staff; assists and directs staff as needed to ensure productivity and service levels are met.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and CNB policy and procedure.
- Proactively identifies, researches and recommends policies and procedures changes to reduce costs, streamline operations and/or increase efficiency.
- Participates in and completes bank-wide projects.
- Integrates activities with other departments to accomplish common goals.
- Has signing authority for approving deposits, transfers, and other operational work within approved limits.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
- Serves as resource to internal and external customers; ensures quality customer service and effective and efficient operational support.
- Applies both technical and general business knowledge to resolve the most complex issues in assigned function.
- Ensures assigned employees are in compliance with specified CNB compliance guidelines.
- Prepares, monitors and manages budget for assigned function.
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts both orally and in writing.
- Under the direction of management, performs human resource duties, including hiring, firing, performance reviews and counseling.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 6 years of banking experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of compliance or banking operations experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to perform functional duties and related positions with minimal supervision.
- Great Knowledge of Bank Secrecy ACT (BSA), OFAC and other applicable regulatory requirements. Knowledge of Currency Transaction Reports, and OFAC, .
- Knowledge of various Legal Orders, including subpoenas, levies, and garnishments.
- Knowledge of miscellaneous process' within Compliance Support, including B-Notices, C-Notices, escheat, excessive activity monitoring, /W9 processing.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- PC skills.
- Ability to work accurate and effectively in a fast-paced, ability to multi-task, detailed oriented, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle problem situations with colleagues and clients effectively.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top