Sr Special Assets Officer
Under general supervision, this colleague is responsible for managing a portfolio of problem commercial and syndicated loans. Works in a team environment developing and recommending strategies to maximize recovery and reduce losses from own portfolio of commercial credits. Works closely with borrowers, executives, attorneys and other lenders in syndication groups to review and restructure credit and repayment terms to better secure collateral, attain an equity position or charge-off the loan as appropriate. Performs other duties as requested. Must be able to be registered if needed under the Safe Act.
Manages the largest and most complex commercial loan portfolio, (including fulfilling a lead agent role in syndicated credits.) Utilizes a high degree of independence in managing a large portfolio of a diverse and complex nature. Directs and administers multifaceted action plans strategies with considerable autonomy and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in special assets in C&I, Real Estate, and/or fulfilling a lead agency role of a syndicated credit (s).
- Must be able to be registered under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough working knowledge of analysis of corporate financial statements and commercial/corporate structure required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze credit and to develop and negotiate repayment terms with large and mid-size companies and high net worth individuals.
- Strong working knowledge of loan restructuring and re-negotiation of interest rates, terms, collateral requirements, documentation and loan agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Stephanie D.Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top