Sr IT Auditor II - Technology
The Senior IT Auditor II assesses risks, develops detailed audit programs, executes audit program steps, analyzes results of testing performed, and effectively communicates results to senior management.
Capable of working in a dynamic team-based environment, can tolerate ambiguity, able to function independently, and demonstrates critical problem-solving leadership.
- Assists with the development of the budget estimates for the audits for respective area of focus.
- Assists with the development of the annual risk assessment and audit plan
- Maintains ongoing relationships with management of auditable units throughout the year and provide technical and control systems support to these groups.
- Tracks and manages audit resources to meet the audit plan and budget.
- Staff Performance and Mentoring
- Acts as a role model/mentor to lower level Auditors
- Enhances and maintains morale of the audit staff
- Performs on-the-job training of staff auditors, and prepares and conducts formal/informal training for less experienced staff members.
- May participate with interviews and evaluations of new applicants.
- Product Business/Technology Knowledge
- Keeps informed of new services, products and events that have a significant business and technology affect.
- Keeps abreast of changes in the business, regulatory, and accounting and control environments in which City National Bank operates, especially for audit areas assigned.
Audit Phase: Planning
- Prepares detailed budgets by section
- Conducts discussions/interviews with auditee management
- Works with IT Audit group in the use of auditing software or data mining.
- Maintains contact with outside auditor, relevant regulatory agencies, I.S., and Compliance departments.
- Collects risk evaluation information and assist in preparation of the risk model for audit areas.
- Prepares audit tasks and audit planning memo.
- Reviews and documents understanding of the area audited and develops/modifies audit programs.
Audit Phase: Execution
- Reviews activities, policies, procedures, controls, security and risks in area subject to audit.
- Holds discussions and interviews with management throughout the execution of the audit.
- Provides direction, guidance and leadership in the completion of audits; monitors and assists lower level
- Auditors, as necessary.
- Ensures audit work (e.g., work papers, reports, etc.) conform to the adopted methodology.
- Keeps respective Audit management apprised of project status, observations and audit findings.
Audit Phase: Reporting
- Drafts the City National Bank Observation Sheets and audit report; may review and revise those prepared by lower level audit staff.
- Obtains response to audit comments or assists the staff in obtaining responses to audit comments when necessary.
- Leads or participates in the closing conference with auditee management.
- Ensures written report is properly prepared and formatted before distribution.
- Prepares comments for audit follow-up tracking reports.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems preferred. Must possess strong managerial, organizational, and advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- 7-10 years of audit or related experience
- Ideal candidate will have relevant experience in an IT department along with at least 4 years in banking or financial services, or equivalent experience in a consulting capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance, engineering, computer science, management information systems preferred.
Certification as any one of the following:
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
*Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top