Sr. Data Analyst - Audit
- Los Angeles, CA
DATA ANALYST SENIOR-AUDIT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Position is a team member in the Banking and Transformation internal audit team and responsible for implementing and executing digitally-enabled solutions using advanced data analytics. The candidate will leverage expertise in data science, business strategy, analysis, and visualization techniques to support the audit function to drive ongoing success. Will be responsible for work across the entire data analytics process including data acquisition, preparation, reporting, and visualization.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Curates, prepares, and integrates large and varied datasets to test business hypotheses using SQL, and implements statistical analysis using Python and R.
- Perform development by writing ETL/ELT jobs, SQL queries, APIs on various source systems, data marts and data warehouse support of the requirements for various strategic and/or tactical projects.
- Works with structured and unstructured data to further enable a risk-based audit approach and help identify impacts to the organization's internal control environment while leveraging automated and self-served capabilities.
- Build and develop an analytics catalogue that includes automated scripts that can be used for continuous auditing.
- Develops automated business intelligence dashboards and related reports to create persuasive visuals that demonstrate impactful insights for the audit department and stakeholders.
- Work with data analytic professionals across the RBC enterprise to leverage internal audit enterprise tools, projects, and expertiseDesign innovative approaches that assess and evaluate business processes and risk management practices.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree In Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Biology/Binformatics or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in data analytics cycle (data gathering, transformation, modeling, analytics, and reporting) using data analytics tools like SAS, SQL, R, Python and/or ACL.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an Audit or Risk Management environment
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working as a Business / Technical Systems Analyst or BI Developer in a highly analytical environment.
- Experience working with Python, R, Java and SQL and strong coding abilities.
- Strong knowledge and experience with traditional database technology (i.e. SQL) and a fundamental understanding of data warehousing, data flow and handling.
- Good grasp of data governance best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with a range of data tools.
- Expert experience with complex visualization of data.
- Experience working for either internal client (cross platform) or external 3rd party client(s).
- Exhibits integrity and trust as demonstrated in the consistency in their honesty, integrity and dependability across their online footprint.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has formally recommended an innovative solution to improve an inefficient process or report.
- Personal or work experience as facilitator or negotiator.
- Business experience in a financial institution dealing with multiple business platforms, business processes, geographies, and legal entities.
- Banking risk management or regulatory/compliance experience -- Understanding of the principles of Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Liquidity &
- Knowledge of U.S. consumer compliance and other financial regulations.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top