Sr Credit Quality Risk Officer
- Los Angeles, CA
CREDIT QUALITY RISK ANALYST HEIGHTENED STANDARDS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides reviews of loan portfolios and recommends appropriate internal controls and procedures to ensure successful audit results. Provides internal training and technical guidance to colleagues promoting full adherence to, and compliance with, CNB policies and procedures. Manages portfolio reviews and audits, and responds to examination results with timely correction of identified areas of risk.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Performs reviews of loan portfolios statewide including: quality assurance documents, underwriting reviews, internal credit risk review ratings, non-compliance issues with CNB policies and procedures, and appropriate documentation to identify potential credit and underwriting problems
- Identifies, monitors, and recommends appropriate internal controls and procedures relating to risk management activities, and credit underwriting guidelines to ensure successful internal and external audits results and to provide ongoing business unit training to key colleagues.
- Stays current and knowledgeable on current CNB policies and procedures and industry trends impacting the credit area in order to guide and educate colleagues.
- Promotes teamwork within the department to ensure that knowledge and experience is shared among team members.
- Prepares departmental reports and loan portfolio information as requested by management, credit administration, credit risk review, etc
- Manages and prepares for portfolio reviews and internal and external credit examinations, responds to examination findings and results ensuring timety correction of identified areas of risk.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training and special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of credit review experience as a commercial lender or credit review officer.
- Minimum 4 years of experience analyzing credit risk for commercial and private banking
Skills and Knowledge
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top