Sr Compliance Analyst (Commercial Lending)
- Los Angeles, CA
SR COMPLIANCE ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Assist with the enhancement of the first line of defense Compliance Program, the development of internal controls, and in executing ongoing monitoring of small business and (non-mortgage) consumer lending, and commercial lending operations activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies.
Perform compliance monitoring and testing, to identify and mitigate regulatory risk issues. Provide advisory to team leads as ad-hoc compliance-related questions arise. Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and compliance review programs. Act as liaison and prepare documents and responses for regulatory exams, internal and external audits, and Corporate Compliance tests .
SMALL BUSINESS, CONSUMER, AND COMMERCIAL LENDING OPERATIONS
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National Bank, supporting first line of defense compliance covering small business, consumer (non-mortgage), and commercial lending activities. This is a great opportunity to grow your compliance and risk management career with a stable and expanding organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform complex compliance monitoring and testing of commercial and consumer activities adhering to an established schedule. Participate in all phases of the compliance monitoring process including planning, testing, evaluating risk, identifying mitigating controls, developing conclusions, writing reports and maintaining work papers.
- Monitor all open compliance findings and issues until satisfactorily resolved. Escalate status as warranted. Conduct formal follow-up to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of actions taken. Prepare reports of results for senior management.
- Assist in developing and maintaining compliance monitoring programs and periodic testing procedures, including work papers and report formats.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and policies as well as regulatory best practices impacting monitoring and testing programs and make updates as necessary. Maintain current knowledge of legislative developments, State and Federal laws and regulations as well as regulatory guidance and industry best practices related to consumer compliance.
- Establish and test regulatory compliance procedures and recommend changes and/or enhancements to policies and procedures, as well as, develop the necessary training.
- Assist with data collection and responses for regulatory exams, internal and external audits, and Corporate Compliance tests.
- Partner with internal audit and corporate compliance to remediate compliance audit findings identified in internal and external examinations.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years compliance experience in a banking or lending environment required
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with Federal and State lending and compliance regulatory matters
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Microsoft Office required
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years' experience working with commercial banking products strongly preferred.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of colleagues and outside contacts.
- Corporate Compliance, Risk Management, Regulatory or Compliance Audit experience with a regulated financial institution, with exposure to commercial banking products is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of related state and Federal banking regulations impacting small business and (non-mortgage) consumer lending activities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear guidance understand procedures, interpret regulations.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to effectively train and guide others in a classroom or one-on-one environment.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top