- Los Angeles, CA
- Develop high level and detailed designs for assigned development initiatives and conduct Design Reviews with management and development teams.
- Conduct code reviews and mentor/direct developers as required
- Provide training for application development and support teams on newly implemented coding techniques, reporting frameworks and other application frameworks including promoting code reuse.
- Make recommendations about platform and technology adoption, including database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks.
- Perform technical due diligence on third-party products prior to integration.
- Advise senior management on how products and processes could be improved.
- Maintain a list of standards and tools to be utilized by application development and support teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Software Development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with transactional Internet solutions.
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of key industry standards such as J2EE or .Net, WebLogic, JMS, SOAP, REST, JSON, and MVC.
- Familiarity with relational databases and data structure design concepts.
- Experience in Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), Design Patterns, and Distributed Architectures.
- Must have skill in software tools such as formulas & data manipulation in Microsoft Excel (or equivalent), creating cohesive and comprehensive workflow diagrams in Visio (or equivalent), XMLSpy, and SOAP UI.
- Able to Create design overviews for systems, educate others on design of solution and standards, review code and provide constructive feedback on improvement, research and recommend changes in software development standards and processes.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to contribute to multiple project/demands simultaneously.
- Financial industry experience a plus.
- Well versed in Enterprise Integration tools such as MuleSoft, Tibco or BizTalk.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top