Small Business Consumer Processor
- Los Angeles, CA
LOAN CLOSING SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provide loan closing support to CLC-Credit, Entertainment, Specialty Banking, Commercial Banking, Private Banking, & SBA in facilitating complete documentation request to be forwarded to Documentation. Provides pre-boarding review activities upon return of executed documents for funding and loan boarding functions.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Initiate and prepare loan documentation packages including completion of Loan Documentation Checklist for CLC-Credit.
- Review credit approval documents for terms, structure, and approval authority.
- Follow up with Relationship Manager, Credit Officers, and other staff to resolve discrepancies or to obtain missing documents.
- Review entity documents for all parties.
- Perform a pre-boarding audit of pending loan file to identify and correct any errors and omissions in loan closing, documentation and boarding requirements.
- Audit executed loan documents to verify that the documents have been returned, signed, dated, and initiated properly. Ensure that any missing or altered documents are listed on the waiver report, and that proper approval for boarding with deficiencies has been obtained. Follow up on missing documents. Obtain necessary waivers before boarding a loan with exceptions. Ensure credit approval is current and not stale-dated greater than 90 days, otherwise obtains refreshed credit approval.
- Work closely with outside vendors including title companies, escrow, and outside legal counsel.
- Obtain insurance documentation for new loans when required. Ensure that insurance coverage complies with established Bank standards.
- Provide ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties.
- Prepare wire instructions, GL sheet, and other funding documents as applicable.
- Follow up on monthly documentation exception reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain boarding review RightFax and Finance Center boarding review and boarding reject queues current and clear of any aged items
- Ensures that all account numbers have been assigned for each borrower, co-borrower,guarantor and collateral owner involved in the loan transaction
- Ensures CIS addendum is complete and all/any pending CIS#'s have been obtained
- Prepares a boarding loan package and forwards to CLC-Loan Servicing for funding/booking
- Submits a duplicate or abbreviated Loan package/documents to other banking departments as applicable (ABL , Treasury, Credit Card, CLC_ Documentation, FX, Trade Services and Central Ops- New Accounts
- Submits all original documents directly to the Imaging Center for scanning and safekeeping
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of general banking operations experience
- Minimum 3 years of loan documentation experience, specifically real estate documentation
Skills and Knowledge
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top