Senior Loan Administrator
- Los Angeles, CA
LOAN ADMINISTRATOR SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provides loan documentation support to Personal & Business Banking Relationship Managers and Credit Officers in facilitating loan preparation and documentation activities. Serves as a liaison with lending team, City Loan Center ("CLC"), and legal to ensure all loans are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship.
Personal and Business Banking Division
As a member of City National's Personal & Business Banking group, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference through a signature client experience. Our branch network delivers proactive advice and high-level financial solutions with a Global Relationship Management™ model that most banks extend only to larger businesses and high-net-worth families. Our tailored solutions address the financial needs of individuals, organizations and small to mid-sized businesses with an array of products and services, from simple to complex.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Loan Processing, Closing and Documentation Management
- Initiates and prepares loan documentation request packages including completion of Loan Documentation Checklist and verification of approval authority for submit to the CLC. Coordinates with Real Estate Documentation, Income Property Group and Asset Based Lending departments, as applicable, to ensure loan documentation request package is complete. Follows up with CLC to resolve documentation discrepancies or to obtain missing documents.
- Audits all loan documents to verify prepared accurately to the Loan Doc Checklist and credit approvals.
- Prepares lease subordinations, non-disturbance, and estoppel agreements in accordance with Bank requirements and lease agreements.
- Responsible for verifying all set conditions of funding have been met prior to the release of loan documents to the client for execution.
- Obtains insurance documentation for new loans when required. Ensures that insurance coverage complies with established Bank standards.
- Provides ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties.
- Tracks, monitors, and maintains over margin accounts to ensure Bank collateral is secured and proper holds are placed.
- Performs loan closure process.
- May require expertise in SBA and State Loan Guarantee programs.
- File Management
- Sets up and ensures that all shadow legal files are kept current and in accordance with filing standards and naming convention.
- Duties may include file room maintenance (e.g., archiving, filing, updating, File Tracker, etc.).
- Customer Service
- Ensures requests for loan servicing/maintenance are processed in a timely manner (e.g., pay downs, advances, etc.).
- Responsible for meeting service level agreements for production, quality control, and responsiveness.
- Tracks and processes Libor renewals and rollovers.
- Handles customer and CNB colleague (RM, Credit Officer, Manager, etc.) requests for loan requests
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Minimum 4 years of documentation or loan servicing experience.
- Minimum 4 years' experience with the commercial loan closing process.
- Minimum 4 years of basic computer experience(e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) required
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of general banking operations sufficient to understand the loan function and knowledge of Federal and State loan documentation Regulation-S.
- Limited day-to-day supervision.
- No instructions needed for routine work, and general instructions given for new lines of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top