Senior Digital Product Analyst
The Product Analyst - Senior (PAS) works closely with the Product Owner to facilitate requirements gathering (stories) for all projects. He/she is a key member of the team for the duration of the project and is accountable for consulting with stakeholders to understand project goals and objectives, processes, and requirements. The PAS collaborates with other members of the delivery team to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into user stories and conceptual designs, from which applications and solutions are developed. This person needs to have a solid understanding of existing processes and systems. This person will also serve as the Product Owner when needed. This person will also assist with the overall strategy and competitive analysis as needed.
General Responsibilities :
- Determine product and system needs and objectives and consult with stakeholders regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Facilitates story gathering sessions, including leading discussions.
- Prepare and maintain product backlog for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to management.
- Creates test scripts
- Provides clarification of stories to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the QA team in the creation of the Testing Strategy and Testing Execution Plan for UAT)
- Conduct user testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Verifies the appearance of the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements.
- Collaborate with Digital Channels, BATS, Legal and Compliance, Product Management and others to create and implement correct operational and business documentation as they relate to the product or system application.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in an IT related field of study
- Minimum 8 years of related experience as an analyst supporting medium to large size projects or 3 years of related experience and advanced degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking/financial services industry
- Has the ability to balance role responsibilities and work load appropriately
- Ability to work with business and technology stakeholders
- Ability to disseminate both business and technical content to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of testing strategies, test plans, test execution.
- Ability to multi task between multiple projects and duties
- Ability to collect requirements and translate them into stories using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, JAD sessions, etc.)
- Ability to interact with functional and technical counterparts to ensure that the application will meet requirement specifications
- Thorough understanding of "business needs analysis" process and how requirements relate to daily business operations
- Excellent project management methodologies and procedures
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, yet also as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-motivate
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent writing and documentation skills
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communicates easily with varying stakeholders
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Alma B.SVP, National Head of Trust & Estate Services
Alma handles a variety of responsibilities, including creating marketing plans, crafting national strategies on trust services for clients and colleagues, and managing compliant relationships with regulatory agencies.
Back to top