Senior Curriculum Designer
Senior Curriculum Designer is responsible for knowledge and skill development of colleagues by designing, developing, managing, and implementing comprehensive learning solutions to achieve business objectives of High Net Worth Investment Management Team at CNR/CNB. This position will work closely with the investment management line of business, and partner with subject matter experts to provide high quality customized training solutions and course development that are strategically aligned with business objectives. Delivers quality products for large-scale initiatives and "client facing" experiences and skills with the ability to engage in conversations with key stakeholders to determine training content needs, instructional design and overall approach.
Curriculum design areas include investment industry solutions (equities, fixed income, alternative investments, etc.), technical and non-technical skills.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to create content, design, develop and deliver appropriate training solutions. Translate Subject Matter Expert knowledge to an effective learning product for the intended audience.
- Apply Agile Learning Design for content development and delivery (RCD).
- Conduct learning needs analysis and provide recommendations based on results. Establish goals and objectives for learning and development projects.
- Design, develop and manage new curriculum, learning paths, course content and instructional materials utilizing various instructional design methodologies and technologies.
- Design and develop web-based learning solutions from idea conception and analysis to successful implementation, using storyboards, graphics, audio and video files, interactivity, and animations to construct courseware.
- Create innovative learning solutions to improve colleague performance and productivity including web-based, classroom, video, simulation, self-study, etc. Design learning objects in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, and animation technologies to support coursework and programs. Design and develop Micro learning tools through short content videos.
- Ensure leaders and/or facilitators participating in the delivery of curriculum understand the learning objectives, course structure and are supported during delivery
- Consult with business partners (including executives and senior management) on performance development opportunities by analyzing, planning, implementing and evaluating learning strategies and solutions, and monitor and evaluate performance needs and outcomes.
- Solicit, provide, receive and act on feedback.
- Keep informed on best practices, new developments, methods, and techniques in the colleague capability and performance improvement field.
- Provide input to the overall objectives and long range goals for the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or related field (Masters/Securities licensed preferred)
- Experience in Financial Services, with direct experience in Asset/Wealth Investment Management
- Must possess expert level instructional design skills, strong attention to detail, and have a high degree of flexibility. Materials will be developed rapidly with frequent changes and updates
- Technically savvy--ability to research and quickly learn new technologies in support of business objectives
- Advanced proficiency in workplace learning and development principles and authoring tools with knowledge of Instructional design architecture, preferably in two or more related to Articulate, Lectora, and Captivate
- Experience with delivering virtual training using Adobe Connect
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience in designing learning solutions that employ various instructional strategies,
- Effective innovation and collaborative skills
- Business acumen
- Solid project management experience (i.e. planning, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple high level projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in an Agile development process. Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant experience in courseware development of a complex nature, demonstrating speed and efficiency of advanced instructional design (proficiency in course authoring tools ideal)
- Expertise in adult learning theory and facilitation skills
- Experience in identifying and managing complex group dynamics and reacting real time to changes in content and/or process
- Demonstrated ability to influence and impact people at multiple organizational levels
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Exceptional written / oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters/Securities licensed preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years curriculum designer experience including management of end-to-end instructional design process-based methodology (analysis, design, development and delivery).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Financial Services, with direct experience in Asset/Wealth Investment Management
- Minimum 7 years of experience with development of training material that consists of written course content, presentation material, instructor guides, eLearning, or learning activities focused on meeting defined learning objectives
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note : This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note : Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top