Senior Credit Officer - Specialty Banking
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a Specialty Banking team. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before Credit Risk Recommendation ("CRR") is submitted.
Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, third party reporting, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns. Prepares recommendations regarding approval or denial of applications exceeding posted standards. Loan size is typically over $10 million. Actively mentors lower level credit team colleagues. May function as the primary credit contact for clients and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
- Minimum 7 years experience in underwriting medium to large sized and moderately-complex commercial credit required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Credit training is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ten years' experience in underwriting large and complex commercial loans.
- Requires extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of commercial credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving complex credit problems.
- Communicates skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently to restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top