Senior Compliance Analyst
- Los Angeles, CA
COMPLIANCE ANALYST SENIOR
Residential Lending Division
Perform compliance monitoring and testing to ensure compliance with consumer protection laws and regulations. Determine degree of compliance and identify regulatory risk issues. Provide subject matter expertise, guidance and technical assistance. Assist in the development and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and compliance review programs.
- Perform complex compliance exams adhering to an established schedule. Participate in all phases of the compliance exam process including planning, testing, evaluating risk, identifying mitigating controls, developing conclusions, writing reports and maintaining work papers.
- Monitor all open compliance findings until satisfactorily resolved. Escalate status as warranted. Conduct formal follow-up to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of actions taken. Prepare reports of results for senior management
- Assist in developing and maintaining compliance monitoring programs and periodic testing procedures, including work papers and report formats.
- Assist with data collection and preparation of the annual risk analysis in support of the risk-based compliance and monitoring framework.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and policies as well as regulatory best practices impacting monitoring and testing programs and make updates as necessary. Maintain current knowledge of legislative developments, State and Federal laws and regulations as well as regulatory guidance and industry best practices related to consumer compliance.
- Establish and test regulatory compliance procedures and recommend changes and/or enhancements to policies and procedures, as well as, develop the necessary training.
- Partner with internal audit and corporate compliance to remediate compliance audit findings identified in internal and external examinations.
- Identify compliance training needs and develop the appropriate training
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 year's compliance experience in a banking or lending environment required
- Minimum 3 year's experience working with Federal and State lending and compliance regulatory matters
- Minimum 3 year's experience with Microsoft Office required
Skills and Knowledge
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of colleagues and outside contacts.
- Regulatory or Compliance Audit experience with a regulated financial institution is preferred. Thorough knowledge of related state and Federal banking regulations Reg. B, Reg. Z, RESPA, HMDA, Fair Housing, FCRA/FACTA etc
- Must become an expert on City National Bank policies.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to provide clear guidance understand procedures, interpret regulations.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to effectively train and guide others in a classroom or one-on-one environment.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top