Senior Audit Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
MANAGER OF AUDIT SR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Operations Senior Audit Manager position, reporting to the Audit Director of Business Operations, is a leadership role as an auditor-in-charge for managing complex banking operations audits and assist the Audit Director in supervising a team of auditors to assess risks and internal control environment of the bank's back office support functions. This individual will develop and execute detail audit program to evaluate the adequacy of the operational processes to meet bank policies and procedures and regulatory requirements , identify data analytic opportunities, analyze results of testing performed, and effectively communicate audit results to the Audit Director and senior management in a form of meetings, presentation, and written reports and memorandums. Additionally, the position is responsible for the maintenance and execution of the banking operations' continuous monitoring program in accordance with audit methodology and based on industry/institutional knowledge, emerging risks, and regulatory changes and expectations. Key areas of focus and involvement include:
- Back Office Operations and Support Functions (Deposit Operations, Payment Processing, Card Operations and Servicing, Loan Documentation and Servicing)
- Treasury Management
- Fraud Monitoring, Detection and Investigation
Thrives in a dynamic team-based environment, effectively manages ambiguity, works independently, innovative thinking with data analytics, robotic process automation and artificial intelligence, and demonstrates critical problem-solving leadership.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership & People Management:
- Although no direct reports, leads/coaches a team of internal audit professionals at the individual audit level.
- Implements the outcomes from the audit transformation program by leading the individual audit team members through the process changes.
- Manages resource planning to ensure that there are sufficient engagement resources to meet plan for the individual audit.
- Takes personal responsibility for a complete, multi-stage project (audit)
- Participates in social, charitable or inclusive committees within Internal Audit, CNB or RBC.
Audit and Assurance:
- Leads or participates in the execution of complex audits within a risk based audit methodology.
- Manages staff assigned to the engagement and reviews audit work for sufficient scope, testing, and for accuracy.
- Assesses risks and controls, designs comprehensive audit programs, executes audit procedures, supervises and reviews the work of others, analyzes and synthesizes results of testing performed, effectively communicates results to senior management to affect change, and delivers well written audit reports and other forms of communication.
- Collaborates with other audit groups to effectively plan, integrate and execute audits.
- Understands IT and fraud risks in order to identify key risks and controls in the business process or activity being audited.
- Assess information security and privacy policies and procedures to identify weaknesses within the business process or activity being audited.
- Leads and performs continuous monitoring activities periodically. Gathers and evaluates information received from business units and other external/regulatory sources.
- Follow-up on audit issues to ensure completion of management action plans.
- Ability to manage multiple audit assignments and work in a dynamically changing environment .
- Complies fully with all Bank policies, procedures, audit methodologies, training and regulatory requirements.
Data Analytics and Technology:
- Utilizes analytical, auditing and automation skill to complete assigned responsibilities. Partners with the Internal Audit Technology and Data Analytics team to gain insights from use of data analytics.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques to test hypotheses and add insights into audit findings.
- Understands concepts of data lineage and data stewardship in order to develop effective data analytics that provide the insights.
Relationship Building and Client Experience:
- Continuously builds trusting relationships with Internal Audit peers and business management.
- Acts as the key contact and responds to inquiries from business throughout the audit process.
- Leverages stakeholder relationships to advance business and project objectives.
- Prepares solutions to address potential roadblocks raised by others in response to recommendations.
- Creates an open and constructive environment for negotiation and assures all parties that a fair solution will be attained.
- Initiates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common grounds
- Acts as a role model/mentor to lower level audit professionals
- Enhances and maintains staff morale
- Challenges others' thinking or approaches in a constructive manner.
- Provides on-the-job training of staff auditors, and prepares and conducts formal/informal training for less experienced staff members.
- Participate in interviews and evaluations of new applicants.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, Business IT, or related field
- 7 years of audit and related experience in banking operations, compliance, and/or risk management activities
- At least one the following Certifications: CPA, CIA, CISA, CFA, or CAMS
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and business management.
- Strong auditing knowledge of banking and back office functions that support the banking activities
- Ability to exhibit integrity and trust , and leadership skills needed to convey ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Strong understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Strong working knowledge of banking industry laws and regulations, and understanding of the principles of Operational Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Liquidity & Funding Risk.
- Ability to work independently and with varying team members, and multitask by prioritizing critical
- Experience in planning integrated business audits with technology auditors.
- Ability to apply agile methodology and best practices to audit engagements.
- Experience in coaching and/or mentoring others.
- Experience in use of data visualization and reporting -- e.g. Tableau, Alteryx
- Experience in recommending/implementing innovative solutions to improve processes.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top