SDET Engineer III
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The SDET provides automated testing expertise and oversight. SDET also plays a role in providing advice and guidance for emerging quality/testing technologies.
The SDET will be a key person in developing and executing QA activities for the Digital Technologies Quality Assurance Team. This individual will be an experienced hands-on SDET and help lead the quality management practice as we grow our organization. This person will be responsible for developing automated and manual testing methodologies and performing quality assurance needs analysis.
The SDET will perform functional / exploratory manual testing as needed in addition to automated testing. The SDET will have strong knowledge with regard to system integration testing (SIT), user acceptance testing (UAT), and performance testing.
- Analyze product and technical user stories, as well as, requirements and functional and non-functional design specifications and create test cases, manual tests, and automated tests
- Develop and execute automated testing scripts/code and be responsible for their implementation into the various environments
- Manage, document & report software issues/concerns and report to appropriate team members
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products
- Manage functional and automated testing process and test infrastructure in support of application development efforts
- Integrate with CI/CD to establish continuous test cycle
- Create project schedules identifying all task required for small, medium and large testing events
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Participate in development of QA methodology, templates and best practices for testing
- Collaborate with other QA and SDET teammates to develop test strategies to tackle complex testing scenarios
- Recommend improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Significant experience testing complex distributed applications in both on-premise and public cloud environments
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Create proofs of concept
- Write system documentation and QA related diagrams
- Research technologies for CNB
- Minimum 5 years of SDET and QA experience with Windows and Linux based Web and mobile environments.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a SDET role within a software development organization focused on Web, API, and mobile.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with and testing relational Databases.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong hands-on experience in on-premise and cloud testing practices
- Significant experience with container technologies (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of Client/Server and Distributed Application architectures
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management Architecture and technologies (SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, etc.)
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Strong hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Jest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Strong experience working with Mobile testing and associated technologies (Appium, Cucumber, Azure App Center, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience working with Web testing and associated technologies (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Postman, PhantomJS, etc.)
- Ability to write and test complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Deep knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
- Deep knowledge of White Box Testing practices and experience using tools like SonarQube
- Strong experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment required.
- Significant experience with complex database testing
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top