Risk Analyst First Line Defense
- Beverly Hills, CA
RISK ANALYST FIRST LINE DEFENSE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position supports the development and implementation of processes, policies, and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of risk related information. This position may have a focus on one or more particular types of risk such as financial, operational or credit.Support the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process: documentation of key risks and controls and development of action plans to remediate control gaps, as needed. Performs risk assessments throughout various risk disciplines while identifying potential issues, control gaps and potential process efficiencies.
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assists in processing risk assessments by analyzing risk data and identifying any plausible risks affecting the business and operations
- Conducting tests and reporting on the performance of risk mitigating controls eg: if policies and procedures are being followed in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards
- Evaluates the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provides recommendations on opportunities for improvement
- Reviews identified risks and liabilities; informs and recommends resolutions with business lines to mitigate risk potential
- Interprets and applies procedures, ensures analysis is documented and that records are maintained
- Operates as a point of contact for the division by responding to internal inquiries regarding policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Researches a wide variety of topics and issues including emerging risks and trends and risk management best practices; summarizes and communicates findings with team
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 4 years of banking experience
- Minimum 3 years of risk management or compliance experience
- Minimum 3 years of Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience developing business controls
- Demonstrated experience with regulations impacting consumer banking and/or business unit functions preferred.
- Demonstrated strong and sound decision making abilities about compliance risks and recommended corrective action.
- Ability to work well in a time-sensitive environment and handle a variety of matters or projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint. Tableau experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top