- Los Angeles, CA
RISK ANALYST HEIGHTENED STANDARDS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the Wealth Management & Private Banking Risk Assessment and Testing Manager, this position is responsible for the execution of risk/compliance testing for the Wealth Management & Private Banking divisions. The individual will support the Risk Assessment team in working with the Lines of Business to identify operational weaknesses and provide ongoing surveillance for the LOB. This includes execution of risk and compliance testing for the first line. Areas of responsibility included are both non-deposit and insured deposit activities and multiple regulatory agency requirements including the OCC, SEC and FINRA. Serve as a risk resource to support the LOB's with the 2nd line support functions. The Risk Analyst is responsible for the ongoing execution of the risk testing programs to ensure key risks are captured, measured and tested accordingly. Assist in the reporting of testing results to be included in materials and presentations to 1st LOB executives.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assist in the research and knowledge gathering of the activities performed in the division and their associated risk exposures
- Assist in the testing of risk mitigating controls and reporting on the performance of risk mitigating controls (e.g. if policies and procedures are being followed, if sign off limits are being exceeded etc.)
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide recommendations on opportunities for improvement
- Assist in the research and gathering of supporting data to assess scenario impact assessments (e.g. a Business Continuity Assessment, CCAR loss forecasts etc.)
- Research a wide variety of topics and issues including emerging risks and trends and risk management best practices; summarize and communicate findings with the team
- Assist in the completion of risk mitigating actions and provide status updates of open/closed issues to team management
- Operate as a point of contact for the division by responding to internal inquiries regarding policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Identify large or repetitive loss events impacting the division to assess for potential systemic weaknesses and to ensure appropriate corrective action is taken
- Work as part of the risk/testing team to support 1st LOD activities
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in compliance, internal audit, risk or operations
- With a minimum of 3 years in the financial services industry including banking and investments
- Minimum 3 years of Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience developing business controls
- Demonstrated experience with regulations impacting consumer banking and/or business unit functions preferred.
- Demonstrated strong and sound decision making abilities about compliance risks and recommended corrective action.
- Ability to work well in a time-sensitive environment and handle a variety of matters or projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in analyzing diverse business functions and processes to identify key risks and demonstrated success with implementing control improvement recommendations.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint. Tableau experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top