Relationship Manager II - Entertainment
- Beverly Hills, CA
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops and manages relationships with clients in the assigned business segment and/or geographic areas. Presents a variety of product solutions to client needs. Provides responsive, quality service. Approves transactions within delegated authority. Manages overall relationship profitability and portfolio risk and is responsible for profitable growth of the portfolio assigned. This may be accomplished through active calling efforts and referrals from existing customers, providing the CNB exemplary level of service, identifying and promoting solutions to customer needs, and maintaining an active calling program.Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identifies develops and builds profitable relationships with prospects and customers consistent with the objectives of the bank.
- Actively works with customers and develops prospects consistent with the credit culture of the bank. Is pro-actively identifying and working with customers to ensure the credit quality standards of the bank.
- Develops relationships and support other CNB departments and colleagues to provided customers and prospects the solutions recommended. Participates in internal and external community activities as a representative of CNB, promoting and attracting new colleagues and customers.
- Prepares a Relationship Plan and calling schedule for each client or prospect in conjunction with the strategic business development program. Identifies business opportunities and solicits referrals of other Bank products or services and/or externally from existing customers, a network of referral sources, and other professionals in the industry. Develops a strong understanding of company, industry, business and needs to assist in customer calling efforts. Sets objectives for each relationship in terms of revenue contribution, etc.
- Calls on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote all Bank products and services in order to establish a total client banking relationship. Discusses financing opportunities and general business conditions; may assist in forecasting clients' credit needs and develops solutions to serve their financial needs. Brings in product specialists, as necessary, to help problem solve or structure transactions.
- Negotiates transactions; prices loan products within targeted rate of return; documents and closes loan transactions, ensures conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercises sound credit and risk judgement in approving transactions. Recommends approval when transaction size exceeds authority limits. Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Interfaces with other Bank departments as necessary. Defines responsibilities and coordinates objectives for all product areas in a relationship or transaction. Resolves all client needs and any internal issues.
- Monitors and analyzes relationship results and account activities. Determines client profitability. Makes a recommendation regarding accounts to be further developed or eliminated. Prepares reports for management.
- Monitors portfolio for quality, risk and adherence to policy. Works with the appropriate staff departments to resolve issues.
- Maintains awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in market conditions.
- Analyzes problem credits and meets with client to develop solutions to minimize loss exposure.
- May serve as a product specialist acting as a technical consultant to clients and Relationship Managers in various business segments and geographic locations.
- Relationships in portfolio may contain numerous accounts requiring extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to match client needs, risk control and maximize cross selling potential
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of appropriate banking laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply fully with those laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of lending experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of credit experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act
- Good understanding of all products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures, and bank operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing abilities.
- Good credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top