Quality Control Specialist II
- Los Angeles, CA
QUALITY CONTROL SPECIALIST II
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for maintaining quality control over designated new loan booking, renewals, monetary transactions, and other maintenance type transactions. Responsibilities include callback on new loan bookings, renewals and designated monetary transactions, verifying that loans are boarded on applicable sub-systems, proper authorizations have been obtained, proper ties have been made to CIS, accounts and commitments and necessary corrections and adjustments are made in a timely manner.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Callbacks of new loan bookings, renewals and other maintenance type transaction on a daily basis. Verifications include comparison of online loan system screens to original loan documents and other supporting material, verification of loans boarded on applicable sub-systems, proper authorizations, proper ties have been made to CIS, accounts and commitments and all necessary corrections and adjustments are made in a timely manner.
- Callbacks of designated monetary transactions. This includes verifying that appropriate DDA accounts were debited or credited for payments and advances, determining if billing maintenance was done, verifying designated interest adjustments to ensure computations are correct and appropriate approvals have been obtained and verifying designated fee waivers to ensure appropriate approvals have been obtained.
- Reviews all loans that have an Indirect Liability and verify if Guarantor information has been set up correctly and the appropriate ties were made on CIS.
- Reviews all collaterized loans to ensure that Collateral records have been set up correctly and are tied to the appropriate account, commitment or note level.
- Verifies applicable customer authorizations are obtained for check access loans or commercial "sweeps" and that the appropriate deficit and/or excess sweeps have been established.
- Reviews, researches and corrects all items on various designated exception reports, which may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintains callback and exception reports properly filed in date order as evidence of review and correction.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years commercial loan processing experience
- Minimum 3 years in loan operations audit or callback in a centralized loan service center
- Minimum 3 years of experience with MS Office Suite
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to handle a heavy volume of transactions and multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Basic knowledge of AFS and Metavante critical
- Ability to operate Personal Computers and WordPerfect/Word Programs.
- Able to operate calculators, fax and copying machines.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top