QA Engineer (SDET Engineer IV)
- Los Angeles, CA
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The SDET provides automated testing expertise and oversight. SDET also plays a role in providing advice and guidance for emerging quality/testing technologies.
The SDET will be a key person in developing and executing QA activities for the Digital Technologies Quality Assurance Team. This individual will be an experienced hands-on SDET and help lead the quality management practice as we grow our organization. This person will be responsible for developing automated and manual testing methodologies and performing quality assurance needs analysis.
The SDET will perform functional / exploratory manual testing as needed in addition to automated testing. The SDET will have strong knowledge with regard to system integration testing (SIT), user acceptance testing (UAT), and performance testing.
- Analyze product and technical user stories, as well as, requirements and functional and non-functional design specifications and create test cases, manual tests, and automated tests
- Develop and execute automated testing scripts/code and be responsible for their implementation into the various environments
- Manage, document & report software issues/concerns and report to appropriate team members
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products
- Manage functional and automated testing process and test infrastructure in support of application development efforts
- Integrate with CI/CD to establish continuous test cycle
- Create project schedules identifying all task required for small, medium and large testing events
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Participate in development of QA methodology, templates and best practices for testing
- Collaborate with other QA and SDET teammates to develop test strategies to tackle complex testing scenarios
- Recommend improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design
- Write system documentation and architecture diagrams
- Research technologies for Digital Technologies
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions
- Work closely with Information Security and project managers to deliver solutions on timelines
- Mentor other SDETS through leadership and cross training.
- Significant experience testing complex distributed applications in both on-premise and public cloud environments
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Create proofs of concept
- Write system documentation and QA related diagrams
- Research technologies for CNB
- Experience testing distributed applications in both on-premise and public cloud environments
- Maintain build documentation as necessary
- Prepare production support documentation
- Minimum 10 years of experience with building and/or supporting custom applications written in .Net and Java.
- Minimum 8 years of system administration / support experience with Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Minimum 8 years experience working in a DevOps or Release Engineer role within a software development organization.
- Minimum 3 years working with TCP/IP, and WAN technologies required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with and supporting relational Databases.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Systems Architect capacity required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience working with Mobile testing and associated technologies (Appium, Cucumber, Azure App Center, etc.)
- Ability to write and test SQL queries and stored procedures
- Strong hands-on ability to develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Significant experience utilizing debugging tools, conducting root cause analysis conducting fixes where possible
- Experience in testing and automating RESTful APIs
- Coordinate regression test automation activities across supported applications
- Ability to define, implement, and manage processes and "best practices" with regard to automated testing
- Experience in establishing processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites
- Manage and perform manual testing
- Testing experience in the banking industry preferred
- Significant experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment required.Strong hands-on experience in on-premise and cloud testing practices
- Significant experience with container technologies (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of Client/Server and Distributed Application architectures
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management Architecture and technologies (SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, etc.)
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Strong hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Jest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Strong experience working with Mobile testing and associated technologies (Appium, Cucumber, Azure App Center, etc.)
- Strong hands-on experience working with Web testing and associated technologies (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Postman, PhantomJS, etc.)
- Ability to write and test complex SQL queries and stored procedures
- Deep knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
- Deep knowledge of White Box Testing practices and experience using tools like SonarQube
- Strong experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment required
- Significant experience with complex database testingExpert knowledge of testing in cloud environments (AWS/Azure)
- Significant knowledge of container technologies (Docker & Kubernetes)
- Strong understanding of Identity and Access Management Architecture and technologies (SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, etc.) from test perspective
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies on strategic and tactical plans
- Perform technical analysis of testing related software, hardware, and other technology components. Worked in a fast pass development environment
- Previous work experience in a Agile/Kam Bam development environment
- Experience Testing Bank applications is a Plus
- Mobile App Testing Experience is a Plus
- Certified Scrum Master is a Plus
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note : This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note : Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top