Product Manager - Investment Management Platforms
This position is a member of the Agile team who serves as the Customer proxy responsible for working with Portfolio Management, Sales Consultants, Portfolio Research and other stakeholders--including other POs--to define and prioritize stories in the team backlog. This allows the Solution to effectively address program priorities (features and Enablers) while maintaining technical integrity. Ideally, the Product Manager is collocated with the rest of the team, where they typically share management, incentives, and culture. But the Product Manager also attends most relevant Program Management meetings about planning and Program Backlog/Vision refinement.
The Investment Management product owner must have expertise in portfolio management, investment products, banking industry and technologies. The qualified candidate must be able to communicate requirements between Investment Management and Technology professionals.
- Determine product and system needs and objectives and consult with business and technical stakeholders regarding problems with current business applications or systems, enhancements, or new functionality.
- Work closely with the User Experience Team.
- Facilitate feature and story elaboration and sizing.
- Prepare and maintain product backlog (business and system requirements) for maintenance/enhancements and present recommendations to management.
- Provide clarification of stories to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables (e.g., assists the QA team in the creation of the Testing
- Strategy and Testing Execution Plan for UAT).
- Conduct user testing on current systems, new systems and future maintenance. Verify the appearance of the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements of the project and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Digital Channels, Technology, Legal, Product Management and others to create and implement correct operational and business documentation as they relate to the product or system application.
- End to end responsibility for the delivery of features from conception to production for both customer and employee facing technologies.
- Production certification in support of release events.
- Monitor and report on success metrics after product launch.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of sizing and costing projects, feasibility studies.
- Previous experience with front end technologies
- Previous experience within a Wealth Management or Investment Management organization is a plus
- Ability to understand the differences between customer and employee user groups
- Ability to apply business, data, process, and object-oriented modeling techniques.
- Able to create and maintain use cases and stories.
- Knowledge of testing strategies, test plans, test execution.
- Understanding of data structure, and integrated system environment
- Ability to collect requirements and stories using a variety of methods (one-on-one, group, JAD sessions, etc.)
- Ability to interact with functional and technical counterparts to ensure that the application will meet requirement specifications
- Thorough understanding of "business needs analysis" process and how requirements relate to daily business operations
- Excellent project management methodologies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent writing and documentation skills
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communicates easily with varying stakeholders
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-motivate
- Minimum 5 years of related experience as an analyst supporting medium to large size projects
- Minimum 2 years of experience in banking/financial services industry
- Bachelor Degree
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top