Product Manager II - Los Angeles, CA
The Product Management function includes the following responsibilities:
Develops, manages, and owns products and programs that support corporate defined strategies and initiatives and contribute to the bank's competitive edge in the marketplace.
Creates new products to increase market share.
Develops and enhances strategic products to meet the bank's profitability goals.
Provides direction and support relative to product design, enhancement, research, pricing/fees/profitability, implementation, analysis, reporting and performance.
Product Management is an ongoing cycle. It begins with analysis of needs and opportunities, leading to product development. Once the product is developed, colleagues must be trained, policies and procedures developed, pricing and positioning established, and marketing materials created. Subsequently, product tracking occurs, followed by analysis and recommendations to enhance the product to provide better service to clients or to be more competitive in the marketplace.
Product Management coordinates and manages the formulation and implementation of all activities for a specific product or product line from conception to marketplace; performs economic and market research and analysis; provides product documentation and training; and serves as technical advisor on matters concerning the designated product and/or product line.
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of banking experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing medium to large projects required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong presentation skills.
- Proven experience in demonstrating initiative in creating and maintaining positive business relationships with various unit managers.
- Project management experience with the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects and timeframes is necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to prepare comprehensive reports, make presentations and communicate with all levels of Bank management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are essential; Access and other advanced programs would be beneficial
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top