The Portfolio Analyst has primary responsibility for trade implementation and strategic rebalancing of new and existing client accounts. This involves regularly making and implementing tactical investment decisions for clients and/or recommending client investment selections from a broad range of individual securities after consideration of the Asset Allocation Committee Investment Policy statements and client risk tolerance.
- Minimum of two years of Investment Management and Services experience required.
- Minimum of three years of computer experience required (e.g., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of two years' experience working in a professional team environment required.
- MBA and/or CFA, or current pursuit of either
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in advising on critical transactions and in executing transactions on their behalf
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various departments within City National Rochdale, including but not limited to the portfolio analysis, operations and research departments and how the functions of these teams impact the portfolio management process
- Comprehensive understanding of CNR investment and research philosophy
- Ability to effectively address PM or APM trade and investment related questions
- Extensive knowledge of the Firm's proprietary trading system, as well as the portfolio accounting system
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top