Operations Risk Program Manager
- Los Angeles, CA
OPERATIONS RISK PROGRAM MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Operational Risk Management (ORM) is responsible for providing independent and objective oversight of the management of risks arising from City National Bank's business processes, people, systems or external events. Working with the Manager the Operational Risk Program Manager will contribute to the ongoing review and monitoring of operational risk policies and programs executed by the business and corporate units including Risk and Control Assessments, Key Risk Indicators, scenario analysis and aggregating and reporting of operational risk information to the Risk Council and RBC.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work collaboratively with business and corporate units to embed an understanding of the risk profile and risk appetite of the bank.
- Review and challenge operational risk practices against CNB operational risk framework and policies post implementation.
- Execute the operational risk programs (prioritized risk assessment, investigation, key initiatives, scenario analysis, etc.) as needed within assigned areas to ensure a complete, transparent and accurate view of the risk profile.
- Participate in reviews of operational risk programs to ensure they continue to be appropriate based on emerging risk trends, thematic risks, and regulatory changes. Recommend new or revised assessments, and advise unit management on mitigation strategies.
- Maintain awareness of current regulatory/industry trends impacting the Bank's operational risk management program or practices.
- Act as an internal advisor to business and corporate units regarding the ORM framework, policies and procedures.
- Work with Business Unit management on the follow-up of outstanding RCSA issues.
- Work with the Operational Risk Management Manager on the roll-up and preparation of the annual ERCA for operational risk at City National
- Assist with the preparation of status reports, key metrics and other ORM reporting information as requested by management, the Risk Council or RBC.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or higher and other professional qualifications such as a CPA, CA, etc.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the financial services sector
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Risk Management, ORM or Internal Audit
- Minimum 5 years of management or operational experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong business knowledge of financial services and/or wealth management
- Understanding of Risk Management/Operational Risk Management
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity
- Proven track record building strong relationships across multiple business functions
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict
- Well-developed influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top