Mortgage QC Underwriter
- Los Angeles, CA
MORTG QC UNDERWRITER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This colleague will have general responsibility for monitoring, testing and reporting of day-to-day lending activities and assisting in compliance and credit administration matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with the ongoing administration of the compliance program, coordinating various compliance and credit activities, including loan testing and risk assessments. Monitors compliance calendar, reviews & testing, policies & procedures, as well as overall compliance program administration. Preforms risk mitigation activities by identifying issues and root cause analysis.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Performs credit testing for applicable credit guideline. Writes reports to management detailing review results.
- Reviews credit related findings issued by internal and external parties.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and or annual credit reporting, testing & surveillance, checklists, certifications, acknowledgements including exception follow-up, if any.
- Participate in team departmental meetings and assist with implementation of new requirements and/or process changes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Underwriter in a financial services or mortgage banking environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a lending compliance environment of a financial institution or financial services company
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required to interact with all levels of colleagues and outside contacts.
- In-depth knowledge of credit and funding loan documentation.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal lending regulations ( i.e., TILA, RESPA, ECOA, HMDA, Fair Lending) required.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft applications with mortgage industry standard software, preferably NetOxygen/Gallagher.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top