Mortgage Pricing Specialist
The role of the Pricing Specialist is to provide day-to-day support of the Residential Lending pricing function covering mortgage and home equity products.
- Monitor, analyze and report daily, weekly and monthly on interest rate environment, housing market trends, mortgage transaction volumes, competitors' pricing and CNB cost of funds dynamics. The division management uses the analysis to set pricing on mortgage and home equity products and calibrate pricing strategy.
- Responsible for analysis of the outcomes of the pricing strategy through monitoring of pricing exception trends and review of loan files to identify errors in documenting pricing decisions by loan officers and relationship managers. The findings are used to identify and mitigate compliance risks related to Fair Lending through training, coaching and management activities.
- On a daily basis provide transactional support to loan officers as it pertains to loan pricing, including resolution of issues related to price quotes, locking rates in the loan origination systems, and facilitating price exception process
- Review loan files: live applications and closed files to identify errors related to calculation of price and documenting pricing decisions for compliance. Prepare report with findings, follow-up on outstanding conditions.
- Minimum 2 years mortgage pricing experience
- Minimum 2 years in a customer service role
- High school diploma
- Technical knowledge of Mortgage product and pricing engines user interfaces.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top