Mortgage Loan Underwriter I
The Mortgage Loan Underwriter I evaluates the credit risk against company standards and to determine the borrower's ability to repay a residential mortgage. The Underwriter I analyzes and interprets financial and non-financial data decisioning the requests with the goal of achieving the optimal quality asset for the bank while satisfying the needs of borrower. The Underwriter I works within established lending authorities and guidelines, with complex or unusual situations escalated to the next highest authority level for resolution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an Underwriter in a financial services or mortgage banking environment required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in jumbo underwriting to investor or organization's guidelines required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with state and federal lending regulations (i.e., Ability to Repay (ATR), RESPA, Reg Z, Reg B, ECOA,, Fair Lending, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree required
Skills & Knowledge:
- Familiarity with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft applications with mortgage industry standard software, preferably InterLink E3 or NetOxygen/Gallagher
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form
- Strong time management skills to plan and organize a high daily loan volume
- Strong ability to be very detail oriented
- Must be a team player and work constructively with their fellow colleagues
- General knowledge and exposure to funding and loan documentation is helpful but not required.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top