Mortgage Loan Coordinator
- Los Angeles, CA
MORTGAGE LOAN COORDINATOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Provide support to one or more Residential Loan Consultant(s) (RLC) to facilitate the timely review and submission of completed mortgage loan application packages, including supporting documentation required to process loan requests or modification requests. Support the RLC in loan preparation and coordination with the operation teams to obtain/transmit necessary documentation and condition requests. Track and update RLC on loan and pipeline status.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assists RLC with new loan application by entering information into loan operating system, collecting supporting documentation, pulling property profile, ordering appraisals in a rush scenario, preparing lock forms and any other administrative responsibilities related to the preparation of a mortgage application.
- Managing all loan related documents in a share drive or other repository for such documents.
- Manage reporting to track needs by loan and RLC.
- Assists RLC in submitting conditions, monitoring expiration date on credit commitments and locks.
- Prepares modification paperwork for review by RLC.
- Contacts borrowers directly for additional information related to loan requests including documentation require to meet conditions necessary to complete the successful closing of the loan.
- Marketing and sales activities including distribution of collateral, "farming" and follow up on external leads.
- Assists the RLC with prequalification documentation.
- Provide ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties.
- Answers calls from borrowers, escrow, title, agents etc. regarding status and general questions throughout the process of the loan.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 2 years residential loan processing experience in a mortgage banking company or related financial institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with state and federal lending regulations (e.g. Respa, Reg Z, Ecoa, State Fair Lending) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- National Mortgage licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have good analytical skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Utilizes independent judgment under general supervision.
- May interact with clients, and occasionally with vendors and other outside lending institutions to obtain information and/or request documents.
- Considerable knowledge of the job and the practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Knowledge of general banking operations sufficient to understand the loan function and a basic knowledge of Federal and State loan documentation regulations required (i.e., Respa, Reg Z, Reg B, Ecoa, state fair lending, etc.).
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top