Mgr. Enterprise Engineering I - Cloud Architecture
- Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational transition of enterprise core system platforms hosting applications in both the on-premise datacenter and cloud infrastructure underpinning both colleague and customer facing systems. Successfully oversee a team of engineers and external vendors to ensure standards, processes, and procedures are executed to deliver systems to specifications. Working alongside architects, information security, and operational teams the Infrastructure Manager will work to deliver infrastructure services to the organization. The Infrastructure manager will also be responsible for the development and fulfillment of strategic direction to modernize the IT infrastructure. Support IT management in the development and fulfillment of an engineering strategy, based on the current and future overall strategic and business objectives of the organization. Evaluate the existing configuration of hardware, systems and technologies, in the context of business operations to identify any gaps in capacity or capabilities. Evaluate new technologies with a view to their integration into the organization. Share knowledge and expertise with other functional areas of the IT organization and with the client community in an advisory capacity.
- Design, implementation, and transition of enterprise infrastructure server platforms
- Manage team of six infrastructure architects
- Provide direction for strategy and roadmap of infrastructure architects
- Ensure all infrastructure components are resilient, compliant, and meeting all non-functional requirements
- Oversees capacity assessments for IT projects
- Provides direction to engineering projects
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products we provide, the services we deliver, the processes we employ, and the incentives with which we reward our colleagues.
- Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Engineering required
- Minimum 4 years in a supervisory or managerial role required
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of server technologies including operating systems, physical and virtual server platforms, cloud hosting services, storage, backup, and disaster recovery
- Strong understanding of networking technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Project and team management
Skills and Knowledge
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.Corporate title subject to change/adjustment.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top