Managing Director Financial Planning CNR
- New York, NY
MANAGING DIRECTOR FINANCIAL PLANNING CNR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Wealth Planner at CNR is primarily responsible for assisting CNR in its efforts in branding and marketing CNR's wealth planning service to its Advisors as a component of driving CNR's wealth management business.
Wealth Management Division: City National Rochdale
As a member of City National Rochdale, the company's Wealth Management group, you will provide white-glove service focused on intelligently personalized portfolio management for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. For 30 years, City National Rochdale has helped clients achieve their goals, operating as a nimble, responsive, local boutique investment firm.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Ensure enterprise-wide consistency by working with "Manager, Wealth Planning" at City National Bank (CNB) to ensure that the (a) wealth planning process, (b) Advisor and client messaging, (c) planning philosophy, and (d) Advisor- and client-facing deliverables are consistent.
- Work with clients to understand their specific goals and objectives.
- Develop integrated estate and financial plans (i.e., wealth plans) for U/HNW clients through partnering with CNR colleagues and Advisors.
- Set the agenda for the wealth planning process and manage the process of implementing solutions.
- Analyze clients' current situation, understand client's family dynamics, and educate clients on tax and other risks.
- Develop comprehensible explanations of sophisticated wealth planning strategies in areas of interest to U/HNW clients by participating in the refinement of the Wealth Strategies Playbook provided by Wealth Planning at CNB.
- Submit for peer-review to counterparts at Wealth Planning at CNB client-facing custom designed output.
- Participate/lead client meetings and working within a team environment to deliver integrated planning services.
- Keep abreast of legislative and tax changes.
- Participate in the sales process to grow revenue by calling on clients in conjunction with CNR colleagues and Advisors.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Advisors directly and in partnership with CNR colleagues.
- Participate in client and community events. Present at CNR sponsored events regarding relevant and timely wealth planning issues.
- Create and make presentations to both large and small audiences (internal and external, client and Advisor)
- Write articles on relevant and timely wealth planning topics of client interest for publication
- Coach and mentor colleagues on the wealth planning process.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 10 years of direct financial planning, estate planning, and estate and gift tax planning experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience within a banking or wire-house culture
Skills and Knowledge
- CPA - Certified Public Accountant x000d
- Additional advanced degree (e.g., LLM) preferred_x000d_
- Demonstrable expertise in multiple areas (e.g., portfolio design, transfer tax, asset protection, income tax, captive insurance, retirement funding (qualified and non-qualified), legacy trusts).x000d
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of financial modeling systems (MoneyGuidePro preferred).x000d
- Current on cutting-edge wealth planning solutions.x000d
- Outstanding presentation skills.x000d
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.x000d
- Outstanding Word, Excel, and PowerPoint creation abilities.x000d
- Ability to easily explain complex strategies to clients and Advisors_x000d_
- Demonstrates expertise in team-based (multi-disciplinary) wealth planning_x000d_
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top