Manager Struct Trade Finance
- Los Angeles, CA
MANAGER STRUCTURED TRADE FINANCE
Role is eligible to be remote.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The position is accountable for the delivery and oversight of Structured Trade Finance Products across the Bank. The business is strategically important to the wider Bank in capturing a greater share of our client's working capital requirements. Structured Trade Finance(STF) is a product partner to all the bank's clients and Lind of Business's. Provide an end-to-end accountability for the STF product portfolio from sales throughout execution life cycle. This includes liaising with clients and developing a fit for purpose, development and managements of products to meet the banks client's needs, accountability for the risks and returns as they relate to any STF product being used, marketing collateral (external) and product library (internal). The products include trade (LC, SBLC, Guarantees, etc), supply chain and insurance and guarantee programs provided by export credit agencies (U.S. Ex-Im Bank and any other ECA's that have programs viable and acceptable for use by CNB), private sector trade credit insurers and multilateral development banks (IFC, ADB, IADB, etc).
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and communicate a coherent and consistent sales and product strategy, based upon a sound working knowledge of client needs, the competitive environment, operational & credit risk, technology, compliance, and regulations.
- Primary responsibility for relationships, understanding and ability to utilize all programs offered, work with internal stakeholders and recommend selection of credit insurance brokers and policies.
- Manage and administer policies, claims, and evaluation of performance of credit insurance brokers as well to the extent necessary, with insurers along with CNB's relationship with U.S. Ex-Im Bank and Multilateral Development banks.
- Develop business cases to support investment and select client initiatives across the group including potentially, fintechs and medium term buyer financing programs.
- Ensure that the product portfolio view has a strong profitability and capital focus, assisting the business in driving appropriate capital allocations for trade finance products.
- Coordinate with and/or train and educate RM's and any other sales and support colleagues and/or teams for the purpose of identifying opportunities using new and existing STCF products.
- Support Sales in the optimization of the Trade portfolio through the purchase and sale of trade assets and insurance, if appropriate and pre-approved by executive management.
- Liaison with Division Operations manager in relation to meeting all 1FOD Heightened Standards project timelines and requirements for the IBTF business unit team.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years experience in a trade finance business.
- Minimum 5 year management experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Direct experience in a trade finance business, operating in a senior capacity - head of structuring and sales preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the drivers and dynamics of trade finance with corporate and middle market clients and financial institutions/banks.
- Proven experience in leading a multicultural team. Proven success in hiring, developing and retaining highly skilled and motivated trade finance professionals.
- In-depth working knowledge of the products and developments within the STF universe. Strong skills in managing a product sales team and evolution / business development along the product life cycle.
- Passion for client; strong "client first" attitude, commercial drive and "hands on" working style; role modelling the solution (not problem) talk.
- Passion for innovation; thorough understanding of new technologies, trade-related IT systems and project management.
- Very sound knowledge of managing product profitability (margins, capital, total cost of ownership). Understanding of the key jurisdictional differences across the key trade markets.
- Excellent communication, strong ambassador of the Bank and the STF finance business internally and externally.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top