Manager Product Segment Strategy
- New York, NY
MANAGER PRODUCT SEGMENT STRATEGY
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Manager, Product Segment Strategy is responsible for defining and driving strategic product initiatives designed to serve the evolving needs of each of City National's unique client segments. Reporting to the Head of Product Strategies, this individual will lead a high performing team of segment strategy managers who will synthesize quantitative and qualitative inputs to help drive the cross-product strategic vision for each business line.
Marketing and Product Strategies Division
As a member of the Marketing & Product Strategies group, you will have an exceptional opportunity to help grow the your career while driving change across many facets of the business. The team is passionately focused on building our brand, supporting banking products and finding innovative ways to engage and retain clients.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- 1. Cross-Product Value Proposition Design: Collaborate with business lines, product managers, Marketing, Digital and Client Experience partners to design, develop, launch and enhance client-centric value propositions that serve the unique needs of City National's distinct consumer and business segments.
- 2. Segment Roadmaps: Create & maintain client-centric strategic roadmaps for each unique client segment including Personal, Private Bank, Business, Commercial and Entertainment Banking.
- 3. Segment Analytics: Develop and socialize robust and actionable client analytics, combining product performance metrics with competitive and macroeconomic trends as well as demographic and behavioral insights to identify opportunities to better serve the evolving needs of each distinct client segment.
- 4. Product Strategies Ambassador: Serve as the single point of contact for business unit leadership, partnering closely to ensure strategic alignment.
- 5. Cross-Product Project Management: Oversee the execution of initiatives that span multiple product lines, leveraging the appropriate product managers to ensure successful launches.
- 6. Support Digital Strategies: Collaborate with Digital partners to ensure value propositions are designed with digital at their core.
- 7. Segment Portfolio Strategy and Planning: Work with the LOB leaders to translate business opportunities into a product portfolio, ensuring consistency across products and segments; identifying and leveraging economies of scale where practical.
- 8. Support Marketing Strategies: Partner with Marketing to develop client acquisition and deepening journey maps designed to optimize the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- 9. Leadership: Lead a high performing team of segment strategy managers. Provide direction on overall product segment strategy to team members, peers & leadership team.
- 10. PRIDE: All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- 11. Comply fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.). Complete all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of financial services experience
- Minimum 5 years of product management, marketing, marketing research or strategic planning and/or project management experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong relationship building across the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading large and complex cross functional, cross organizational business initiatives amidst ambiguity and change.
- Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to manage and provide effective leadership & conflict management in a fast paced environment both to functional and cross-functional teams.
- Inspirational, consensus-building leader with excellent collaboration, team development and cross-functional/business partnering skills.
- Experience in developing end-to-end go-to-market product strategies within a financial services firm or similarly complex, highly regulated industry.
- Able to move seamlessly between thought leadership as well as tactical execution.
- Consistently applies a broad, long-term view of the business and external environment, balancing external forces and internal realities, anticipating change and seeing competitive opportunities in an evolving marketplace.
- Both a strategist and a practitioner, someone who can shape, teach and influence as well as deliver on explicit targets and goals.
- Expert influencer who can effectively convey a strategic vision that shapes opinions, overcomes objections and builds consensus without always having direct control.
- Organizationally savvy, with the keen ability to successfully navigate a highly complex, highly matrixed financial institution.
- Ability to point to examples of contributing to the strategic direction of a business more broadly than in a pure product development function.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory, marketplace, and internal and external issues related to existing and new products.
- Expert Microsoft Office skills: Excel (Expert), Access (Advanced) and PowerPoint (Advanced)
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top