Manager, Pricing Strategy & Initiatives
- San Francisco, CA
NOTE- We are flexible on location and the individual does not need to be in Los Angeles.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
In collaboration with business, operations, sales, technology and finance partners, the Manager will lead development of new strategies, programs, projects to increase bank's profitability. Develops and maintains models, analytics, processes and tools to inform profitability analysis and business decisions. Participates in review and structuring of Commercial deals as part of Pricing Desk function.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Leads analysis of product economics and financial performance with focus on Commercial Lending
- Develop, implement and maintain frameworks to measure financial impact of programs and strategies
- Develop models and tools for profitability analysis of client relationships and transactions
- Monitors the market: financial market conditions, competitive pricing, competitive environment and strategies, industry trends
- Back-up and overflow support of the commercial pricing desk: price setting, deal structuring, pricing escalations, evaluation of pricing alternatives, business reporting, answers questions on pricing models and processes. Actively engages with sales teams to support pricing strategies for large deals
- Support processes for pricing expiration and coordinates appropriate strategies and renewals.
- Support periodic portfolio reviews and re-pricing activities
- Support the annual pricing review process with Commercial Lending and other lines of business in support of profitability initiatives.
- Support design and implementation of pricing models and pricing tools
- Support sales training activities with emphasis on Commercial Lending new/re-pricing initiatives
- Manages the data mart associated with analysis of client profitability, product economics, financial performance, impact of strategic initiatives
- Collaborates with product managers, segment owners, pricing managers on strategic programs
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 10 + Years experience in the Financial Services industry
- 5+ Years experience in Commercial Lending role
Skills and Knowledge
- Background in Treasury Management Solutions, Corporate Finance, Product Management, Technology
- Strong Project Management, Communication, Data Analytics Skills
- MS Office Suite (strong Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top