Manager Information Systems II -- Application Integration
Directs, manages and coordinates resources to meet data processing and/or systems objectives, including design, installation, on-going maintenance, enhancements and account management activities for diversified colleague groups. Directly and through subordinates, manages projects and directs staff in providing maximum services in terms of quality and quantity within the specified budget and applications and product evaluations to improve the profitability and efficiency of the colleague group.
- Directs, manages and maintains data processing and/or systems and ensures the quality of work performed and accuracy of output; manages systems projects to meet target date, quality and budget objectives.
- Directs account management efforts ensuring maintenance of appropriate service levels in support of business assistance objectives and profit goals for assigned systems.
- Oversees the completion of all assigned systems efforts within established target dates and budget ensuring quality of work performed, maintainability of systems developed or installed, and overall knowledge of the business functionality of the system.
- Manages the collection of system requirements, techniques and controls of affected functional departments in order to determine problem areas and to provide operationally efficient and cost effective alternatives or solutions.
- Guides and manages staff group; answers staff questions; provides project management direction and scheduling to meet established project goals.
- Implements IS project methodology guidelines and standards and manages the process to ensure project success.
- Conducts special projects as requested by senior management; monitors projects for adherence to Bank security and quality standards and management objectives; presents project status reports to senior management.
- Participates in the development of Information Systems strategic direction and coordinates across business and technical teams to ensure all bank projects meet strategic objectives.
- Coordinates systems activities with other IS managers.
- Participates in vendor evaluations, recommends and reviews functional and overall system design, and technical planning to improve systems productivity and efficiency.
- Plans, develops, establishes and control assigned organization and budget functions.
- Takes ownership of department invoices; verifies for accuracy and approves. Participates in defining terms for contract negotiations and service agreements.
- Represents the Bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to ensure that processes are integrated to support expected customer service levels.
- Facilitates the creation of a team environment by providing strong mentoring skills and interdepartmental communications.
- Recommends hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews. Approves employee daily time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years management experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in Information Services/Technology
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge of data processing technology, especially in banking and financial systems.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of functions in assigned department.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, project management, tactical planning and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with any API Management platform tools (Akana or MuleSoft ) a plus.
- Understand application integration patterns and concepts.
- Experience with programming language .Net and Java.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note : This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note : Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top