Manager Documentation and Production
- Los Angeles, CA
MANAGER DOCUMENTATION AND PRODUCTION
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This role will direct and manage the work flow and team assignments of all loan document preparation requests for the entire geographic footprint for PB. Participate in the loan management process by providing administrative, documentation, and compliance expertise to a team of Private Bankers and Credit Officers. Enforce Quality Control for region's overall documentation. Acts as primary liaison with City Loan Center and other departments to maintain good working relationships and to ensure quality service and loan turnaround is delivered to the Private Client Service units.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage and prioritize the loan administration workflow (e.g., loan documentation requests and booking). Delegate and assign administration staff based on experience, availability and complexity.
- Manage all administrative loan activities which include the review of reports (e.g. Loan Administration 680 Reports, Department Efficiency/SLA Reports,, Documentation Exceptions, Past Due Reports) Ensure that all documentation policy exceptions are cleared within the waiver period.
- Review credit documentation for completeness, conformance to bank policy and conformance to the approved CRR to protect Bank's interest in the credit relationship.
- Ensure all compliance credit regulations are followed in the preparation of loan documents.
- Respond to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning loan administration activities (e.g.) documentation, booking, before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Credit Manager and Administrative Manager..
- Coordinate and follows up on loan requests between Credit Officer, Private Banker and City Loan Center and ensures all documents, reports, correspondence, etc. is complete, accurate, and delivered on time.
- Maintain the PB covenant database for the Auto Doc system and ensures all updates are made in a timely fashion. Maintains regular communication with the systems administrator for Auto Docs to ensure PB is in compliance with CNB policy and requirements.
- Works with CNB Legal dept. to create documents (i) for new PB HNW products (ii) compliant with State laws as PB expands into additional States
- Ensure team understands and meets established SLAs, Efficiency and Accuracy Ratios. Monitors and reports on teams performance on monthly/quarterly basis to Credit Manager.
- Interface with outside council on complex documentation transactions.
- Interface with Private Banker and Managers on complex documentation issues to ensure documentation is explained to the client
- Manage projects for the Loan Administration team to ensure they are completed in a timely manner and within approved budget parameters.
- Hires, mentors, trains and coaches team members. Monitor performance, gives on-going performance feedback and conduct effective performance appraisals. Provide general direction and guidance to staff.
- Identifies training requirements and best practices for credit underwriters and sales colleagues.
- Oversee and manages workflow and priorities. Determine and assigns loan administrator, senior loan administrator to team and work assignments based on experience, availability, and complexity.
- Provide technical guidance to and review the work of less experienced loan documenters.
- Respond to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning documentation policies and procedures before it is elevated, if necessary, to the Credit Manager.
- Ensure each team member meets established goals and objectives
- Identify process issues for improvement
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial services
- Minimum 5 years of experience in loan servicing, loan documentation or credit
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Private Client loan products and portfolio monitoring operations and servicing functions.
- Working knowledge of State, Federal and general banking compliance requirements and regulations.
- General knowledge of complex support systems, department efficiency and productivity, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills with emphasis on planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of management and staff.
To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top