Manager Deposit Compliance
- Los Angeles, CA
The Deposit Compliance Manager will be responsible for working closely with the Chief Compliance Officer to design, improve, and manage regulatory compliance with deposit and related laws and regulations. The Deposit Compliance Manager's primary duty is to ensure the company is in compliance with all laws, regulations and regulatory guidance with respect to all deposits - treasury management, foreign exchange transactions and products and services relating to electronic funds transfers,online banking/mobile, escheat processing and other related areas applicable throughout City National Bank.
- Advocating for a strong deposit and online banking/mobile compliance program, with a focus on compliance with all deposit and online banking/mobile laws, regulations, and other guidance related to business and operational activities throughout City National.
- Identifying and mitigating deposit and operations compliance risks proactively and positioning City National as a strong compliance-oriented financial institution.
- Developing sufficient internal controls to promote an effective deposit and operations compliance control environment.
- Prioritizing deposit and operations compliance activities toward areas identified as having the highest levels of legal and regulatory risk to the company.
- Performing periodic risk assessments of business and operational activities to identify deposit and operations compliance gaps and potential exposure.
- Building a best-in-class, proactive deposit and operations compliance management program that meets the needs of City National's continued growth and complexity.
- Establishing job specific deposit and operations compliance training for officers and employees.
- Partnering with business units to remediate compliance findings identified in internal and external examinations and audits.
- Integrating activities with other departments to accomplish common goals.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices to further develop effective compliance policies and procedures.
- Elevating issues to the Chief Compliance Officer's attention.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Minimum of 10 years banking experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of deposit compliance experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, Reg DD, Retail Non-Deposit Investment Products requirements, FDIC Insurance regulations, overdraft guidance and state escheat laws required.
- Strong technical knowledge of deposit banking business.
- Strong quantitative background.
- Ability to influence/motivate others to produce desired results.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Strong ability to work in a complex team environment requiring exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Leadership experience in enhancing/managing a compliance risk management program in a fast-growth environment.
- Working knowledge of bank technology and operating systems.
- Experience in large project management
Applicants must have the highest ethical standards, excellent judgment, a sense of personal initiative, excellent oral and written communications skills, the ability to work independently while keeping management apprised of major undertakings, and the ability to interact well and constructively with colleagues at all levels of the organization in both one-on-one and multidisciplinary team situations.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top