Learning and Development Consultant
Responsible for the development and implementation of learning and development processes and programs. This role will design and may deliver development programs for onboarding, operations and systems, and management and leadership for CNB colleagues using various learning delivery methods. The colleague in this role will work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to define learning strategies and design talent development programs that include assessments, job aids, curricula, and evaluative metrics.
- Manage learning environment and facilitate development and delivery of learning opportunities using self-paced e-learning, live-and-online, classroom and blended learning methodologies. Understand and apply state-of-the-art adult learning theory. Keep current with latest organizational and individual behavioral research and learning delivery technologies.
- Design training programs in alignment with client needs and corporate direction. Measure impact and effectiveness of learning and development programs. Ensure that learning and development programs achieve established project goals, quality standards, and legal requirements.
- Manage projects including the development and oversight of project design plans, implementation plans, and on-going continuous improvement plans. Represent CNB as a prime contact on projects. Interact with internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination and support between organizations. Manage external vendors and contractors. Monitor project schedules and resolves project related issues appropriately.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and behaves in accordance with the P.R.I.D.E. values.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experienced in designing, delivering, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning and development programs.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank colleagues, Subject Matter Experts, contractors, and third-party vendors. Communicate effectively and skillfully in both oral and written form.
- Able to apply professional experience and learning theory in practical field applications. Adopts concepts to create practical and effective learning opportunities.
- Possesses demonstrated ability in needs assessment, objective setting, and evaluation/measurement of learning opportunities. Has good presentation skills and can adapt style as appropriate to audience and delivery method.
- Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years overall learning and development experience is required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate Storyline, or Lectora.
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources, Business, Education or related field.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top