Manages Investigations, Fraud Detection and Loss Prevention functions. Responsible for managing and developing the Investigation Fraud Detection and Loss Prevention staff in their job responsibilities of reviewing fraudulent activity. Manager will oversee efforts of the Fraud Detection team, monitoring and sampling KYC/EDD/Compliance files and SARW/SAR files to identify Ponzi activities, investor fraud, pyramid schemes, kiting and other criminal activity. Use fraud detection alerts and other potential indicators of client fraud, to conduct investigations into potential fraudulent activities and to report independently to the Manager of Corporate Security on these matters.
- Supervises the daily activities of assigned functional area; prioritizing; completing multiple activities; resolves problems as they arise.
- Supervises, trains, coaches and motivates staff; assists and directs staff as needed to ensure productivity and service levels are met.
- Prioritize focus towards areas identified as having the highest level of risk to the company.
- Ensures activities are in compliance with legal/regulatory requirements and CNB policy and procedure.
- Supervises Fraud Detection Investigators who perform enhanced analysis to determine and identify fraud and criminal activity.
- Provides guidance and resource tools to Investigators in order to conduct further research.
- Coaches and mentors direct reports.
- Responsible for monitoring and sampling of KYC/EDD/Compliance files and SARW/SAR files to identify Ponzi activities, investor fraud, pyramid schemes, kiting and other criminal activity.
- Escalation of any possible Ponzi/Investor fraud case to the BSA officer and Manager of Corporate Security upon earliest identification.
- Obtains further documentation as required for the analysis from appropriate areas and resources.
- Ensures that all files identified as potential Ponzi/Fraud are reviewed, analyzed and investigated in a timely manner.
- Maintains close liaison with law enforcement, other financial institution investigators to expedite exchange of information and elicit their assistance.
- Responsible for presenting to BSA Officer and ESARRC the results of investigation.
- Proactively identifies researches and recommends policies and procedures changes to reduce costs, streamline operations and/or increase efficiency.
- Participates in and completes bank-wide projects.
- Integrates activities with other departments to accomplish common goals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. Complies fully with all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Serves as resource to internal and external customers; ensures quality customer service and effective and efficient operational support.
- Applies both technical and general business knowledge to resolve the most complex issues in assigned function.
- Ensures assigned employees are in compliance with specified CNB compliance guidelines.
- Under direction of management, performs human resource duties, including hiring, firing, performance reviews and counseling.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Banking Services or related function, with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with regulatory requirements with specific emphasis on BSA and USA Patriot Act.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with financial investigations and Forensic Accounting.
Skills and Knowledge:
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform functional duties and related positions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Knowledge of bank policies and proceduresandregulatory requirements with specific emphasis on BSA and USA Patriot Act.
- Knowledge of Criminal Law and regulations.
- Background and knowledge of complex financial investigations and Forensic Accounting.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred.
- PC skills required.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates the issues.
- Ability to handle problem situations with colleagues and clients effectively.
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top