This is a hands-on role and requires software development experience. The role is responsible and accountable for providing hands-on architectural guidance and oversight for Exactuals applications and infrastructure cloud strategy. This role is responsible for ongoing development of cloud architectures, standards and best practices to provide solution architectures for all cloud portfolio applications. Deliver cloud solutions using Azure, AWS and other public cloud services. As a key member of the cloud automation and cloud enablement team you will ensure successful build, deploy, security, cloud application development and maintenance services of cloud assets and solutions.
- Educate business and technology stakeholders on value propositions of cloud andparticipate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the technology community.
- Lead/support implementation of cloud environments and agile application development technologies in areas of software development, integration, and test of software applications, and infrastructure.
- Ensures compliance of architectural and engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and anticipate future direction of cloud application services, infrastructure and cloud computing to innovate business solutions
- Coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing cloud solutions.
- Oversee architecting and designing of complex cloud solutions for business units.
- Serve as cloud SME for senior business and technology stakeholders.
- Work closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Deliver end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in the cloud environment.
- Partners with various functional teams across the business and IT departments to support strategic enterprise vision and design for cloud consumption.
- Partners with engineering delivery teams to research, design and implement the appropriate technology needed to support the application portfolio.
- Partnership with the application architecture, network, and security engineering team is critical to ensure infrastructure architectural principles.
- Ensures compliance of architectural and engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry trends and anticipate future direction of cloud application services, Infrastructure and cloud computing to innovate business solutions.
- Mentor other members of the Engineering and cloud engineering team.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Open minded technical leader, flexible and respectful to colleagues
- Creates standards and roadmap for private cloud, public cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure. This includes development of technology and practical implementation for the next 1-3 years
- Provides technical coaching and mentorship to Infrastructure Engineers
- Ability to influence and sell technical solutions and ideas to cross functional teams.
- Excellent in project planning, tracking, estimation and communication to stakeholders
- Influence quality culture and leads by examples to engineering team and other colleagues
- Able to multitask and set expectations and priorities to meet and exceed stakeholders expectation
- Identify bottlenecks in existing lifecycle framework and work with leadership to develop an approach for remediation
- Ensures change control and processes and procedures are followed
- Contributes in building Infrastructure strategy and roadmap
- Perform complex technical analysis of software, hardware, and infrastructure components
- Review architecture (specifically infrastructure) documentation for accuracy and quality
- Interact with team leaders, outside customers, and functional peer groups at management level
- Engage and manage strong technical relationship with City National Bank colleagues and vendors
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a Cloud Architecture role
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in Information Systems
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an Infrastructure Lead role
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an enterprise level environment designing, building server, storage & network solutions in virtualized environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience implementing private/public and/or hybrid cloud solutions
- Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing Infrastructure as a Code
- Minimum 2 year experience in container technology like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND LICENSES (And All Other Preferred)
- B.S. in Computer Science or in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Preferred Education - Master's degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of ITIL (certification is plus),
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (preferred), AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer (certification is plus)
- Applies strong leadership skills that can energize work teams to respond to business needs.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels.
- Ability to lead projects and educate subordinates on project planning methodology.
- Write clean, extensible code with appropriate test coverage and documentation.
- Advanced knowledge on configuration management tools Chef, Puppet.
- Advanced knowledge on CI/CD Jenkins, tools AWS, Docker, Ansible, Terraform.
- Advanced knowledge of AWS security/governance/compliance tools.
- Advanced knowledge on AWS Lambda using python/nodejs.
- Advanced knowledge on AWS CloudFormation and HashiCorp Terraform
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in architecture and designing highly complex, distributed applications application architectures, using MPI, SOA, Microservices etc.
- Programming and scripting skills using python, Node.js, JS, bash, Java etc.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in architecting and designing complex networking, virtualization, data bases, large scale computing infrastructure and management of the same.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in architecting and designing complex AWS applications involving container platforms using Kubernetes based OpenShift, AWS EKS and other native services like AWS S3, lambda, Kinesis, Kafka, IAM, SNS, SQS, KMS, CloudFormation etc.
- One or more of the following cloud security certifications: CCSK - Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CSAA), CCSP - Certified Cloud Security Professional (ISC2), Cloud+ (CompTIA), AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Amazon), Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (Google), Professional Cloud Security Manager (EXIN), and CISCS - Certified Integrator Secure Cloud Services (EXIN).
- One or more non-cloud related security certifications preferred - CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS GIAC, CGEIT, CRISC, GSEC, ITL, etc.
- Master in computer science or AWS or Cloud Certifications
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled