Group Manager Digital Channels Technology
- Los Angeles, CA
Reporting directly to the EVP, CIO this position is responsible for embedding a world class digital product development, and engineering culture (bold, creative, curiosity) in transformative organization. This role will work with technology teams and the business journey and platform teams to deliver a best-in-class integrated end to end digital platform. This role will focus on building a high-performing team that will thrive in a fast-paced continuous delivery engineering environment. The emphasis of the role is managing a team of 100+ software professionals to efficiently and effectively deliver digital software solutions working in collaboration with various businesses in a product centric IT organization. Functions to be managed include agile delivery, digital software architecture, digital software development testing and digital support team. This role will partner primarily with Business Product Management (Digital Channels) Team to deliver delightful experience for clients and colleagues, and to partner with other IT leaders to simple, modern, scalable technology enabling insight and personalization.
It is critical to the success of this role to effectively collaborate with the bank's senior management. Staff managed will consist of bank colleagues, contractors, onshore/offshore staff and vendor staff to effect delivery. This role will work very closely with other technology teams including Cyber Risk, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure, Data Management and Analytic.
- Minimum of 10 years of digital experience (mobile, web)
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a direct management leading large teams required, including managing managers
- Minimum of 5 years working in a matrix management environment
Job Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Significant experience optimizing organizations for performance including a focus on efficiency & effectiveness
- Experience with implementing and managing large scale Agile implementations including the deployment of SAFe, or other similar frameworks
- Experience in a matrix management structure partnering with product development teams
- Significant online technology delivery, ideally with a focus on financial services
- Experience with native mobile technology delivery (iOS and Android), ideally with a focus on financial services
- Significant financial services/banking/wealth experience
- Agile deployment, scaling and optimization experience
- Adobe AEM (ideally) or other CMS
- Cloud hosting & management (Azure in particular)
- Technology strategy
- Technology architecture
- High-availability system design
- Hold peers accountable in a constructive way
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top