Financial Reporting Analyst III
The Analyst will be responsible for supporting the timely completion of City National Bank's (the "Bank") various regulatory reporting requirements, including the preparation of the risk-based capital calculation. The position also supports the Bank's requirements related to the parent company's consolidated regulatory reporting. The Analyst will need to maintain a thorough understanding of Basel III capital rules and bank regulatory reporting requirements, and be able to interpret and apply regulatory capital guidance and regulatory reporting instructions. The position requires frequent and effective interaction with other Bank departments and the parent company regulatory reporting and capital teams. Responsibilities also include participation in the on-going development and implementation of an automated risk-based capital calculation, performing research and maintaining documented policies and procedures related to risk-based capital.
- Responsible for the coordination and timely completion of the monthly risk-based capital calculation and variance analysis.
- Stay current on new or changing regulatory guidance on risk-based capital. Perform research, assess impact to the Bank and prepare associated memos.
- Maintain and update the Bank's risk-based capital policies and procedures manual.
- Support the automation of risk-based capital calculation and maintain a proactive commitment to continual enhancement to the overall process.
- Assist with the preparation of other weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual financial and regulatory reports.
- Support the Bank's requirements related to the parent company's consolidated regulatory reporting.
- Support internal and external reviews and audits of regulatory reporting, including responsibility for implementation of required remediation plans.
- Support special projects in the financial and regulatory reporting function.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Ability to accurately and effectively analyze a high data volume
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory guidance
- Effective verbal/written communication skills to interact with all levels of Bank personnel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail, excellent work ethic and a commitment to improving efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in accounting or regulatory reporting
- Experience in the banking or financial services industry
- Minimum of 2 years advanced Excel experience including complex formula/function development and utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities / Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Meet Some of City National Bank's Employees
Senior VP, Team Leader, Entertainment Division
Stephanie set the standard for providing outstanding financial service to nearly 50% of Broadway productions, as she and her team work behind the scenes to allow clients to focus on what they do best—creating spectacular productions.
Back to top