Fair Lending Manager
The Fair Lending Manager is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Fair Lending compliance program, monitoring business area compliance with applicable fair lending laws and regulations and ensuring controls are in place to mitigate fair lending risk. This role is responsible for directly managing the fair lending team with oversight of periodic analysis of the Bank's lending portfolios by identifying data requirements, working with analysts and lines of business on data integrity, regression analysis, performing reviews of outliers and comparative files, identifying and implementing corrective actions or procedural changes with business areas, and applying a risk-based approach to fair lending analytics.
The Fair Lending Manager will research regulatory issues, monitor compliance with fair lending regulations, develop detailed risk assessments, make recommendations based on industry best practices, and supervise staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of lending and regulatory reporting in a data management environment
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in compliance, risk management or audit.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with fair lending program management.
- Manage the fair lending compliance team and create metrics for adherence to guidelines by business units and ensure corrective actions are taken when risk appetites are exceeded.
- Implement any corrective actions or risk mitigation measures and track, report and validate corrective actions.
- Perform annual fair lending risk assessments and report results/recommendations to senior management.
- Lead fair lending regulatory examination and serve as liaison with regulators.
- Manage assigned staff and conduct appropriate coaching to colleagues on interpretation and application of regulatory requirements to business processes.
- Manage fair lending review and data. Provide input to statistical analysis of mortgage, consumer, small business and/or commercial loans to identify significant variances to fair lending compliance regulations and standards.
- Prepare reports and analysis for reporting to management.
- Ensure federal and state specific criteria for disclosures are executed properly.
- Review and document procedures to ensure secure maintenance and quality of records.
- Maintain and enhance policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with the bank's fair lending program and regulatory requirements.
- Work collaboratively with all departments by providing compliance guidance and direction for continued best practices and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintain proficiency in software tools necessary to complete requisite analysis and collaborate with software vendors as needed.
- Comply fully with all Bank Compliance policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of fair lending and banking compliance laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, make recommendations, and/or escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
- Ability to interact with federal regulatory agencies.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or Certified Financial Services
- Auditor (CFSA) designation a plus.
*Represents basic qualifications of the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top