Enterprise Fraud Risk Manager
The Enterprise Fraud Risk Manager is responsible for the oversight and advisory activities at an enterprise level for fraud risk management at CNB. This involves the development and implementation of the 2 nd Line of Defense governance model, policy and reporting metrics to monitor both internal and external fraud risk. The Enterprise Fraud Risk Manager provides independent review and challenge to the 1 st Line of defense business and support units, and affiliates, to ensure that the Enterprise fraud risk profile is fairly presented in ongoing reporting. Periodic escalation required to executive management and the Board when the Enterprise's fraud risk profile is at or near risk appetite. As part of enterprise Operational Risk Management, this position is responsible for providing oversight for a clear engagement model between the 1 st Line of defense Risk and Fraud teams, the 2 nd Line Operational Risk Management team, and the RBC Fraud Risk Centre of Expertise to ensure adequate and appropriate capabilities in managing fraud risk. The role also provides fraud risk management leadership to the Bank which includes provision of expertise, advice and counsel to executives and senior management and enhancing their ability to anticipate and manage internal and external (cybercrime, financial fraud, identity theft, trading and sales fraud, etc.) fraud risks effectively.
- Review and support the development of the fraud assessment universe to ensure comprehensive coverage of internal and external fraud and determine risk based approach to determine assessment frequency. Ensure adequacy of coverage for end-to-end processes that span multiple businesses.
- Actively challenge assigned units/affiliates to ensure that the fraud risk profile is balanced, comprehensive and a transparent reflection of CNB compared to risk appetite.
- Contribute to the review and in some cases sign-off of fraud risk assessments executed by the business including fraud risk assessment, deep dive assessments, scenario analysis and new product or change initiative assessments.
- Work directly with the leadership team to embed an understanding of the fraud risk profile and risk appetite into strategic decision making; challenge decision making that contradicts profile and risk appetite.
- Provide oversight, analysis, and monitoring of the Bank's internal and external fraud risks.
- Support the reporting of fraud risk profiles, analysis and exposures to the Executives, Senior Management and RBC on a regular basis. Reporting should include existing and emerging areas of risk, implications for operational risk appetite, and the ability of the risk management and control infrastructure to support business activities.
- Identify requirements for deep dive, initiate or lead deep dive assessments in the bank, as required.
- Participate in committees or associated governance/review activities on key business initiatives ensuring that existing and emerging fraud risks for new products, processes and transformational initiatives are identified.
- Manage the engagement model and associated interaction between stakeholders including Enterprise Operational Risk Management, the 1 st Line Risk Management teams, the RBC Fraud Risk Centre of Expertise, relevant CNB Risk Management teams, and RBC Operational Risk Centers of Governance, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years in a combination of fraud risk, risk management, cyber or financial crime investigations, responsible for fraud or white collar crime investigations within a government or state agency or other experience in managing internal/external fraud.
- Minimum 8 years banking/financial services and/or technology industry experience.
Job Skills & Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Fraud Risk Management frameworks, policies and practices
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven business knowledge within the assigned Platform
- Strategic mindset, with excellent knowledge and understanding of banking/financial services
- Highly developed ability for conceptual thinking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Well-developed impact and influence skills
- Proven track record of building strong relationships across business functions
- Law enforcement or investigative background
- Experience in cybercrimes, financial fraud investigations, trading or sales fraud investigations
Represents the basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
City National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
Note: The Preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top