EDM Technical Analyst
The Enterprise Data Governance Technical Analyst is a key role responsible for developing and supporting an Enterprise data governance solution for City National Bank. This role will provide technology support and oversight to business and Data Governance office in their ability to govern data and support configuration of associated workflows, facets, and lineage, metadata and business glossaries. In order to enable data governance, CNB is implementing a Data Governance platform
consisting of Informatica Axon, EDC and IDQ to enable end to end data governance.
Data Governance Development
- Partner with the Data Governance Office in ensuring the correct deployment and usage of CNB's Data Governance platform
- Responsible for full cycle development (designing, testing, deploying, and documenting the workflows ,Facets, lineage , roles and other components)
- Responsible for deploying and validating objects within different environments
- Responsible for ensuring best practices and standards when creating objects (Workflows etc.)
- Support integration of Data governance and technical lineage and metadata solutions
- Support integration of Data governance and data quality solutions
Enterprise Lineage and Metadata Development
- Partner with the Data Governance Office in the utilization of the data governance platform for Technical metadata, Technical lineage, linkage of business term to technical terms etc.
- Execute and analyze technical metadata ingestion and technical lineage development
- Aptitude to understand business challenges related to Data governance and offer advice on how to solve them with the data governance platform
- Support impact analysis related to system changes
- Support creation of custom Attributes
- Implement and manage Resource-Level Security
- Manage and monitor the metadata resources, metadata extract schedules, profiling runs
Data Governance as a Service
- Develop and implement additional data governance functionality based on requirements gathered from business units.
- Managing and prioritizing a request queue for new data governance requests related to development on the data governance platform
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven experience translating business problems into actionable data governance initiatives
- Familiarity with current trends in Data governance technologies.
- Good knowledge on Data mapping experience - mapping data sources to and from multiple applications
- Must possess good oral and written communication and presentations skills with the ability to lead meetings effectively
- Experience in SDLC Process
- Good understanding of data governance principles
- Strong experience on data governance workflows , technical metadata and technical lineage
- Hands-on experience with data governance tools like Collibra, Informatica Metadata Manager etc.
- Detailed understanding of Informatica Axon and Informatica EDC preferred
- Knowledge of standards, guidelines and best practices for Axon and EDC preferred
- 3-5 years of data governance experience performing data governance, technical lineage, and technical metadata capture preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
- 3-5 years' experience in defining and deploying data Governance programs and tools on enterprise data projects
- *3-5 years' experience in Information technology development across all phases of the SDLC process in the data space
- 1-2 years hands-on experience with Informatica EDC and Axon
- 3-5 years experience in Banking or Financial sector especially in terms of regulatory and strategic needs for data governance.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top