Digital Systems Engineering Manager
As part of the Digital Technologies ("DT") Group, Digital Systems Engineering Manager will lead the organization to design, implement and deliver on DT's DevOps strategy that includes Infrastructure as Code, CB/CI/CD, test automation, and monitoring/observability (SRE function). This role requires a technical leader who can direct teams in a complex technology environment and evangelize the DevOps, SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), and test automation principles through effective collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Lead DevOps / SRE initiatives partnering with Engineering and Operations groups
- Represent team as needed when it comes to incidents, technical direction, and planning
- Design, Implement, and Support technology stacks for various Engineering teams that will deliver new products leveraging continuous delivery and integration
- Build best-in-class solutions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management and escalation of all technology services enabling self-service and autonomous product domain teams
- Lead Systems Reliability function to establish full end-to-end automation of our technology stacks and supporting services ensuring 99.99% or higher uptime and availability
- Work with our external vendors, service providers, and partners on appropriate technical solutions for achieving operational excellence and business continuity.
- Ensure technical solutions address and support disaster recovery and high-availability requirements
- When required, work extended hours at times under considerable pressure, including holidays and weekends if necessary to ensure operational compliance with City National Bank service level agreements.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the development and support of our applications and services and to the streamlining of the DevOps pipeline
- Research and recommend the latest tools, evolving cutting-edge technologies, and industry techniques to achieve optimal results
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical Discipline (CS, EE, Math, Physics, etc.) or equivalent experience with 12+ years of overall experience in the tech industry
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on deployment, automation, monitoring and operational aspects of Web and backend applications based on Microsoft .NET (Windows) and Java (Linux) environments
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building, managing and leading software and infrastructure support teams working across multiple regions and time zones
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive experience in managing, motivating and developing talented Engineers
- Extensive experience in administering, troubleshooting, deploying, and configuring Windows and Linux systems in on-premise data center and public cloud infrastructure (Azure preferred or AWS)
- Have a strong passion for automation and configuration management -- if you need to do it more than once, you are the type of person that will automate it (Chef and Docker experience a plus)
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as switching, routing, firewalls, and load balancing
- Hands-on experience in Windows and Linux environments and scripting languages: PowerShell, BASH, Python
- Hands-on experience in deployment orchestration technologies like Docker EE and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Databases: Primarily SQL Server and Oracle ecosystems -- some experience in NoSQL or Big Data environments a plus
- Strong experience in setup and managing Dev/Test (Pre-Production) and Production environments
- Strong experience with Windows IIS and Linux Apache based Web applications and services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Strong experience in implementing continuous integration using Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Strong experience in GIT (Bit Bucket) and parallel development, branching strategies and methodologies
- Strong experience with various coding/scripting technologies including and the life cycle management leveraging various frameworks (Agile, Lean, etc.)
In-depth experience with multiple tools and services such as Chef, Packer, Docker, Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus Deploy, Artifactory, and others
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to synthesize technical data for non-technical audiences
- An unwavering passion for providing exceptional customer service and continuous improvement
Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top