Digital Solutions Architect
- Los Angeles, CA
As a member of the Digital Technologies Group, the Solutions Architect is responsible for designing, developing/refactoring and maintaining "Cloud First" modern distributed application solutions written primarily in C# and focused on the Azure cloud platform. At its core, this role requires excellent problem-solving skills and strong hands-on C#/.Net architecture and coding capability. Candidate will need to effectively communicate, collaborate, and influence team members and engineering technical leads across many projects and departmental boundaries. The Solution Architect role requires a strong technology generalist that can learn new technologies quickly, must function as a technical "integrator" who can take disparate systems, requirements, and technologies and weave them into a viable technical solution for our stakeholders. Additionally, candidate should not be afraid to get your hands dirty leading incident responses, writing code, configuring applications, troubleshooting issues, digging into logs, looking at metrics, etc. Candidate will be mentor, teach, and guide others as we strive to develop successful independent teams that solve problems in an efficient and timely manner.
This position plans, conducts and coordinates applications activities in such areas as finance, marketing, credit, etc. Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new applications or revisions to existing systems. Prepares and presents project proposals to management and colleague departments. Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements. Reviews current status of applications and prepares recommendations for improvements. Monitors design processes and prepares reports on systems projects.
- Solution Architect will lead technical analysis and design of complex requirements and issues
- Be a player/coach on Agile teams focused on building (or rebuilding) complex and performant applications (mostly .Net) using Azure cloud technologies
- Extensive experience designing, implementing and managing critical production systems, especially in the cloud, including a strong awareness of customer-driven priorities is essential
- Apply technical knowledge and insights to architect solutions in order to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key application development and devops technologies (e.g. containers, serverless, cloud native, Java/node.js, DevOps and OSS tools) into Digital Technologies Group
- Drive long-term cloud adoption by helping CNB to architect and develop cloud native systems, leading teams to make the appropriate technical choices and infusing high quality coding practices
- Create architecture artifacts and documentation as required for projects
- Lead the solution architecture process and provide governance and mentoring across the Digital Technologies engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technology engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years of application development and architecture experience
- Minimum 3 years architecting, building, and supporting large scale cloud hosted applications
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a .Net solutions architect / Sr. Engineer as part of Agile development group
- Expertise in cloud application architecture and development (Azure Preferred)
- Web application server technologies
- Monitoring Technologies (native cloud monitoring and 3rd party monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, Moogsoft, Splunk, and others)
- Experience with Middleware, Web Servers, Proxies, Firewalls
- Expertise with databases and data modeling / design (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience in creating architecture related documentation and other artifacts in support of large scale development efforts
- Cloud and distributed application design, software architecture and practices
- Hands-on expertise implementing and using DevOps and CICD techniques and technologies
- Experience using integrated development environments targeting Linux, Windows, public clouds required
- Breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required
- Security principles -- encryption, authentication, authorization, integrity, auditing, pen testing etc. -- and how these are applied in a cloud environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
- Understanding of proper coding techniques and testing requirements.
- Proficient in debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of project management technique is required.
- The ability to self-learn and quickly understand new and changing technologies in a fast-moving cloud world, how and if these changes can be leveraged to improve the solution and the overall impact of these in the technical design and operational delivery
- Financial services (Banking) experience a plus
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Back to top